Why do some people seem to think we all want to listen to their car stereo?

When I pull up to a light and hear that "boom boom bump bump" coming from four car lengths away, it makes me want to pull the uneducated and ill-bred goon from his car and pummel him mercilessly. What is it that makes these syphillitic halfwits think their right to listen to their music at a volume which would drown out a departing jet outweighs my right to peace and quiet?

Favorite Answer

Och , those are the people that are hard of hearing !! Didn't you know ? That's why you hear the boom ,boom . I have neighbors like this and call the police on them .

You assume it's because we want "attention", when in fact it's because we love music, and we want to hear it... ((LoUd))

I, personally, have about 1800 watts RMS (yes RMS, not even close to the max output of my amplifiers) running through my car at about 45% volume and I personally go for SQL (sound quality loudness/level) which means I go for pure sound quality which retains perfect (or close to) at extremely high levels and I don't do it for your benefit, I do it because I love music.

I can crank my system to 90% or more of it's capabilities and you won't hear a single scratch of distortion coming from any of my 12 speakers, that number includes 1 set of 3 way components up front, one set of 2 way components in the rear and 2-15" subwoofers in the trunk, all being pushed by 2-2 channel amplifiers and a single channel subwoofer amplifier.

I'm sure I speak for alot of people when I say quit trying to take our rights away, and focus on fixing things that need fixing! Like fixing bad roads, help in keeping net neutrality, or hey.. how about preventing a real crime.

Source(s): Me.
  • ?

I couldn't agree with you more, and such "deaf and dumb" individuals test my patience severely, but, what's to be done. The police won't do anything most of the time since no one complains and "makes a case of it", much like it is with people who park in disability parking places without a disability tag or having one that is their friend's or relative's, and they have no disability at all. I once called the police on such a man and they asked if I really wanted to complain since it might take a lawyer and a courtroom to make the complaint stick. Now that I am disabled, having lost a leg in a train accident, I get REALLY infuriated. Maybe we just have to make our complaints stick, including going to city council meetings or County Commissioners meetings, or we just have to "keep our cools". Each has it's benefits. I wish you the best. God Bless you.

personally, i dont do it so you can hear it, i do it because i like to hear it. and its slightly offensive to label me an uneducated ill-bred goon. what is it that makes homoerotic, mentally defective, inadequate, thickheaded and ignorant people think their right to peace and quiet outweighs my right to listen to my music at an insane volume level? see what i just did there? i linked descriptive and irrelevant adjectives to a general group of people that have nothing to do with it.

generally speaking, they probably lack consideration for other people. they dont have one, but they probably think that their right to blast music exists because they can blast their music.

oh yea, and just so you dont decide to pin me to things again, i turn my radio down on local roads

Who says they have syphillis?

Ha!

Maybe we just like music...and music is good. And remember never too much of a good thing? Turn your HU from 12 to 24, twice as much of a good thing...I am now open for your cross examination, and points of clarification. I reserve the right to define any terms challenged by the asker, however.

They are egotistical maniacs vying for attention. They know for sure that even if it is negative attention it is attention none the less. Also they want to achieve acceptance from the peer group from which they subscribe, even if they are not really into the genre of music, they think that they will be perceived as being cool if people hear what they are listening to. Basically they are people who need to get a life.

I agree! I saw a cute bumper sticker that said,

If I wanted to listen to the crap on your radio, I'd be sitting in your car.

• I thought that was their engine making that racket.

he has no consideration for others and he blew out his own eardrums many years ago.

unfortunately there will always be people like this in america wherever you go.

=[[

makes ya want to pack a paintball gun, if you timed it right they would never notice 'till they got out ....he he he...