Who agrees that FF9 is much better than FF8 but FF8 is much better with the graphics stuff?

Favorite Answer

I agree with you Wings ;D

FF8 had characters and a story that just didn't cut it -- especially after the incredible FF7. FF8's theme and ideas just seemed like a big departure from what i expected from Square. And the game was pretty much forgettable outside of all the pretty pictures.

FF8's visuals were stunning to say the least. I went through the whole game just to see the next cut scenes, locations, vehicles, character designs and a bestiary that were more dreamlike than FMV. But after killing the final planet-shmooshing boss, that was pretty much it for me.

FF9 on the other hand brought down a great story, more lovable characters, better side-quests and "melodies of life" to FF gaming... plus an ending sequence that brought a tear to my eye. This is how a true FF games are made. ;-D

I do! There was like barely any diversity in the character development of ff9. But ff8 had better videos and stuff.