funnyboat5 asked in SportsWinter Sports · 1 decade ago

What are you supposed to wear when you wear a gs suite when ski racing?

I am going to be racing with my schools ski team and they are making us wear a gs suite when racing and since I have never needed one since the group I used to race with did not make us wear them I dont no what to wear under one. I used to just wear shorts and a t-shirt. A gs suite is a suite that gives you extra speed when racing

Favorite Answer

i usually wear UnderArmor, its really thin but keeps you warm. Alot of people wear Hot Chillys.

Racers I know wear different layers under their gs suits. Long underwear -silk or synth or whatever- is pretty common. I know some kids who wear 2 gs suits at the same time when training at night when it's really cold. I suppose when it's warm out you could race 'caveman' under the thing, but i don't know anyone who has. As long as you can zip it up, layer how you like underneath.

Have fun smackin' gates

Talent, skills, ability, and effort is what gives you speed when racing... not a GS suit.