Can you have sex on your period? can you get pregnant if you have sex on your period?

Favorite Answer

You can get pregnant no matter what day it is and if you have your period or not.

Yes, you certainly can have sex on your period. I would recommend putting a towel underneath you so you don't ruin the sheets. My husband finds it uncomfortable and prefers to wear a condom during that time of the month.

Yes, you can get pregnant during your period, but the chances of that happening are very, very small. In order to get pregnant, you have to have ovulated not very long ago (within the last day or two). Generally, people ovulate half-way between their periods, but you can ovulate any time. Some women can, and do, ovulate during their periods and that is how you can get pregnant. But it is rare for that to happen. The risk there is small. If you are concerned about it, again, I suggest a condom. Of course, if you are on birth control pills, you can't get pregnant, even during your period (they have a 99% effectiveness rate).

• Blondi

Yes and yes. There is nothing wrong with having sex while on your period, no matter how nasty others say it is and no it doesnt hurt..lol. BUt you still have to use protection. 14 days after the first day of your period is when you ovulate and sperm can live in the body for 5 days waiting for the egg. Be careful.

Yes you can have sex while on your period, it may uncomfortable due to you being swollen and tender inside. However, you may find that heightens the sexual experience. As far as getting pregnant on your period never rule out getting pregnant anytime. But, the chances are very low, BUT not impossible. I hope this helps.

• Sakora

You can have sex on your period it isn't likely to get pregnant on your period.

yes you very well can have sex "on your time" and yes you can get pregnaunt any time the first or the thirty first morning or nite

lots and lots and lots of people think it is nasty to have sex when you are on your period and yes can be messy

take a shower with your man so there is no mess tell him to put a condom on and have sex worked miricles with the cramps i used to get before i got pregnaunt lol

yes you could ahve sex on ur period but there is a chance that u could get pregnant

Yes You can have sex on your period, but you have a greater chance of getting pregnant when you do.

You can have sex during your period, but it's GROSS!!! And yes you might get pregnant.

I don't know but I heard that sex during your period hurts. Maybe you should consider that first.