lookin for opinions on Pioneer TS-A6855 6x8 coax. speakers. whadda ya think of em'?

Favorite Answer

get anything but pioneer, they don't last worth a crap

Pioneer is a great brand, if you're looking into their head units.. they're speakers, however, leave something to be desired.

I recommend the Polk DB570 or Polk MMC570, they are both very much worth the money you'll pay, which is only slightly more than what you'll pay for the Pioneers.

I run Polk all around in my car, and I love them. Mine are amplified, but before they were they ran off of deck power and still sounded amazing.

The Pioneers will eventually, if not sooner than later, sound tinny, then the bass will slowly disappear, then the highs will become overbearing and one day you'll turn the stereo on and they'll either sound like someone kicked them in or they won't sound at all.. at least thats my 9 years of experience with Pioneer speakers.

Good luck!

Source(s): Me.

As far as speakers go, I would stay away from anything that starts with a P. Polk included. Pioneer, Panasonic and like speakers sound "tinny". Polk, in my opinion, has no midrange. If you want good sound from a set of coax that wont drain your bank account, go with either Boston or Orion.

Source(s): Professional installer for 10 years.

they'll last fine so long as you dont play them past their RMS rating for an extended period of time. i have pioneer coax speakers (not the same kind) and they play just great