is it normal to feel your pulse throughout your intire body?

i am not feeling for it, but throughout my body, i can feel the blood flowing through me. i dont like it , but is it normal.

i havent done anything, just sitting watching tv.

Favorite Answer

It's normal, but disturbing, nonetheless

Yes it is. You have veins thoughout your body and when you move right or in some way put pressure on your vein you can feel it.

In normal every day walking around you hardly notice, but when you are still and have pressure on a vein it's felt. If you can feel your blood pressure all over without touching pressure points there could be several reasons.

You could havce veins close to your skin or veins (due to exercise or work) pushed out form your skin as weight lifters do.

YOU could have really thin blood and it pumps faster or you could have a stronger than normal blood pressure. Or stronger than most people. The faster your bloodis pumped the more you feel it.

Source(s): science, school, biology

Lets stay away from the idea of normal. Feeling your blood everywhere is unique. This ability is usually endemic to those of us who are extremely tuned into our body. When I meditate I can hear my breathing, feel my heart beat, experience sensations that usually are ignored with daily activity. If a person puts enough attention on blood flow, they too can sense blood flowing everywhere in their body. You just happen to be more sensitive to this. Do you have this awareness when your busy? Or does it fade away? There is nothing wrong with your body. Relax, your not going to spring a leak.

Very good question ! I'm 47 years old and I've always had that but never knew if it was normal or not or what it was. I'd be curious to see the answers. Contrary to what people have said on this site, it's not high blood pressure as I have great bp. 120 over 80.

I feel it too, seems like in my chest and I really feel it pounding in my head at night. I think this could be blood pressure so maybe you need a checkup. The doctor said my pressure was a little high but my heart is ok.

It could be a symptom of hypertension.(High Blood Pressure). I have hypertension, and when my blood pressure is highest, I can feel the exact same thing you're describing.

Yes it is. You have blood flowing through arteries and veins and many pulse points...Im a nurse

• Tigger

I've noticed it a few times after I've done some heavy exercise or work.

Whenever my bloodpressure is high (meaning not normal), I feel the blood swishing through my body. Go to the doctor as soon as you and tell him what you told us.

That tends to happen if your heart rate is up. Have you been running, or doing some vigorous exercise recently? If it is constant, you need to see a doctor right away.