people i need to know a site that gives you a map of all the countries where the chimpanzee is found.
- ♥ lani sLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
The better known chimpanzee is Pan troglodytes, the Common Chimpanzee, living primarily in West, and Central Africa. >>Western chimpanzees are found in the following states: Senegal, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Nigeria.
>>Central chimpanzee are found in Afrotropical states of Central Africa: Gabon, Cameroon, Congo, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Angola (Cabinda enclave), south-east Nigeria, coastal extension of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Its cousin, the Bonobo or "Pygmy Chimpanzee" as it is known archaically, Pan paniscus, is found in the forests of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The Congo River forms the boundary between the two species.♥
You may find a map illustrating current chimpanzee distribution in Africa in this site: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/l/a/laz131/habit...Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimpanzee http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_we_do/species/... http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_we_do/species/...
- 1 decade ago
I'm not sure of where to find this map you speak of, but I do have this:
Ten Interesting Chimpanzee Facts-
1) The most famous chimpanzee in the world is probably McGinty, the chimpanzee that has lived in Durty Nelly's Pub in Ireland for the last 60 years. In his heyday in the 50's McGinty got more fan mail than the Beatles and the Rolling Stones together.
2) Chimpanzees are very sarcastic.
3) When hunting, chimpanzees cover their noses so that they blend in with the jungle background. They also do this if another chimpanzee has farted.
4) In 1931 Hollywood was scandalised by Fatty Arbuckle's affair with Fru Fru, a (married) chimpanzee. Neither Arbuckle nor FruFru's career (she was an ice-dancer) survived the media backlash.
5) Many people assume that chimpanzees are mammals. They are in fact a form of wingless bird.
6) Just as jews are often blamed for catastrophic events in the global community, so chimpanzees are often blamed for disaster in the jungle community. Because of this, many chimpanzees refer to themselves as jewchimps.
7) Famous musical chimpanzees include Jimi Hendrix, Larry Adler, Cyndi Lauper, and Jeff Beck.
8) In 1914 the chimpanzee population of London was 12. It is now 15.
9) Chimpanzees have the most natural rhythm of all the jungle animals. During spring and summer, polar bears often give salsa and merengue classes to students in South America.
10) If you are very sad and very lonely, and you think hard enough about a chimpanzee, one will appear beside you.
- AprilLv 61 decade ago
Ignore Rabbit guy. Google Chimpanzee to find your answers.
- 1 decade ago
no no, wait, hes on to something... dont waste your time googling anything, just read and believe everything that you see here. research is for nerds anyways. ignore april g...