Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

White fish for wedding reception centerpieces?

I need to know what kind of fish is all white or mostly white. We want to use them in bowls with black rocks as centerpieces at our wedding reception. And not a big ugly fish that you catch from the river out back. lol thanks :)

Update:

Thanks for the helpful answers. And don't worry about what will happen to the fish! We plan to put a sticker under one chair at each table and then whoever has that chair will get the fish. and if they don't want it, we will take them home and put them in our tank :) I've never heard of a platy fish, or a mickey fish. I will check that out. Thanks :)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some simple fish, hardy, and beautiful would be great.

Some bettas are light colored, an appear white. These could last in the small bowls for a day or two, but can't live in there.

Fancy Guppies also come in light colors, many are white.

platies, mollies, and swordtails are not recommended since they are jumpers, but they are beautiful fish that are available in white. (If you decided to get these, lyretail mollies and swordtails are absolutely beautiful.)

Platinum Lyretail Molly is a hardy white molly.

These are all beautiful fish. They're hardy and can survive in the little bowls(if you plan on using these)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I like the idea of a black top hat filled with beautiful white silk flowers. It can be not only unique (memorable) but elegant. There are always the standards, like large white candles on black plates. I also like the fish centerpieces (you can look them up online) usualy it's a vase of some sort with a beta fish in them, but in this case you could put a couple of (black and white) smaller fish inside.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sometimes you can find pure white goldfish (even the smaller kind used for feeders). Look at platy fish, too. I know there are mickey mouse kind, which are all white, but have the shape of a mickey mouse on the base of the tail.

Big question: What will happen to these fish, after the wedding?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That sounds like a lovely idea! Albino Oscars are a very pretty, white fish. I have provided a link for a picture below for you. They are a pure white colour with little red eyes, very sweet! Do be careful though, I know if we did this at one of my family's wedding the poor thing would end up with a tank full of Budweiser. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sometimes you can get Large Black and White Angel Fish..Those would look beautiful.Congrats on the wedding!

• 1 decade ago

OH MY GOODNESS! This is exactly what my sister did for her wedding back in August, except with beta fish. It actually turned out great; everyone wanted to take the fish home, so we had a little raffle to give them away!

Hmm. Certain types of goldfish are white. Check out your local fish stores, and online! My sister purchased her beta fish online and they shipped them over here. Good luck and congrats!

• 1 decade ago

do you think having live fish is wise? It could be knocked over and die. How about at the end, where are the fish going to go?

How bout a floating white candle, same effect and lighting.

Good luck

• moya
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Stick with something that will be easy to keep, like silver sailfin mollies. I had two that were perfectly white.

• 1 decade ago

Try posting your question here, they should have some good suggestions.

http://www.peta.org/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.