Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should all Yorkshire men be politely asked to leave the UK?

Ian Huntley from Grimsby, Yorkshire murdered and raped two girls. I think it was an awful crime but see know reason to generalise and say ALL people from Yorkshire are like Ian Huntley.

But why do people think they can generalise about Muslims because of the actions of an individual. (Look at this question)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiRUN...

That crime was awful and I feel really sorry for the family. But it riducualous to say that whites are the viticms of most racist crimes. There have been at least 68 racist muders since 1993. 13 were Muslim victims only one was white.

http://www.irr.org.uk/2006/april/ha000031.html

Here is a recent racially motivated attack against an Asian. Yet it got little coverage

http://www.guardian.co.uk/race/story/0,,1891026,00...

Why is it when ONE muslim commits a bad act ALL muslims are blamed. You wouldn't blame all women for Myra Hindley, would you????

Favorite Answer

I personally do not blame any whole group (unless its Al-Qaida all of them should die) for the actions of individuals, and yes that question you highlighted is just plum crazy.

Its because of the usual anti-Muslim biases, you know half-baked &/or totally false ideas like all Muslims have given their blessing to Osama and Fiends, or all Muslims hate Western freedoms etc. Yes its wrong, yes its unfair, yes it has to be corrected.

In this day and age however, asking people to drop their biases is about as easy as asking Osama bin Laden to surrender (i.e. next to impossible).

Some of the answers to that question were truely disgraceful.

I am still appauled at the blatent racism in this country, especially towards muslims. It's almost a badge of honour to be anti muslim in some parts of this country. Not that you can blame all of them personally, they are just naively repeating the biased drivle spouted by many tabloid newspapers.

it's the 'if the sun says it's true it must be' phenomena.

Sad, very sad. And I often feel ashamed to live in this country because of it.

I think it's time for all white countries to stop letting Muslim and Mexicans into their country. They want so badly to come live in our country but yet they hate white people. Then stay out! But don't worry just keep doing what your doing and we will throw you out on our own.

i think the only solution is nf and then only you will be asked to leave because the natives of the country - well its there country first is it not ? they are well you call them the ' first nations

people like the natives do here in canada

No, but I heard that most people think that terroristic religious zealots who try to spread their religion through lies, fake smiles and violence are not liked. Just what I heard.

I think concerned UK citizens should probably contact their representation on the issue...illegal immigration's a global problem...