Help!! Cannot open zip files!?

Whenever i try to open a zip file, the screen starts to blink and i have to shut the computer down by pressing the power button to make it stop. This seems to have started after downloading internet explorer 7. How do i fix this problem? Should i go back to IE6?

Favorite Answer

.

Yes. Go back. You can use system restore to go back to IE6. IE6 with SP2 is stable now, and a good tool.

I don't like IE7 yet. Too new; too full of bugs...wait a whole year before considering IE7.

I think whats new about IE7 are lots of Security features in MS favor, and lots of coding problems (bugs) still to be worked out,

by users...

and that takes users using the product, and sending in their complaints for the coders to "fix"...and issue the Hotfixes.

It will take many months to work it all out, I'm certain.

stw

.

It's probably not IE, try downlaoding Power Archiver from http://powerarchiver.com/ and see if that makes it any easier / better.