Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Didn't last nights CMT Award Show suck?

Everyone sang off key! It was the worst one I ever saw! I stayed up for that!? Carrie Underwood is looking great though!

Favorite Answer

I didn't watch the whole thing, but what I did see it wasn't that they were singing off key - it was that ABC's production quality was that poor. The sound was tinny, and really bad, they camera shots were not consistent and there were times when the screen went black - in general a very poor production. If I were the Country Music Association, I would be raising all manner of hades this morning with the production staff who botched the telecast so badly. To be honest, I've seen high school productions that were videotaped by a proud parent that the tape looked more professional than last night's awards show did.

Maybe they will do better next time. And put it on a different network - my antenna doesn't pick up ABC, so I had to go elsewhere to see what I did get to see.

• angie

I thought it was ok---things always sound weird on Tv. It's hard to get a good balance. What I didn't like was the way Faith Hill acted and her reaction to Carrie winning Female Vocalist of the Year. I was very shocked and would not expect something like that from her. I hope for her sake, she was just hamming it up for the camera, because she will loose a lot of fans and respect for that little episode!!!!

The only problem I noticed was the sound going up & down,but I discovered that I could adjust the sound on my tv for certain things like voice and it worked fine. I really enjoyed the singing. I especially loved Alan Jackson & Josh Turner.

i do no longer yet Jeff Foxworthy replaced into the MC final nighttime and he had alot to declare. Did you seize what he had to declare interior the initiating appropriate to the Dixie Chicks? in any case the television station CMT will conitinue to rebroadcast the tutor by the week so which you're able to seize it returned. stable success.

I THINK IT WAS OKAY, NOBODY SANG OFF KEY, IT JUST SOUNDED DIFFRENT LIVE. ITS NOT LIKE A CD, WHEN THEY PERFORM LIVE IT SOUNDS TOTALLY DIFFRENT. I WAS GLAD THAT KENNY CHESNEY GOT MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR. AND I WAS SHOCKED THAT KEITH URBAN DIDN'T SHOW UP, BUT HE IS IN REHAB, CAUSE HE IS AN ALCOHOLIC, BUT IM GLAD HE WON ONE AWARD, I LIKE TO HEAR HIM SING. THE PERFORMANCE FROM FAITH HILL AND VINCE GILL WAS JUST TERRIBLE. THEY WAS THE WORST.

I fell asleep before it came on and slept through the entire thing. By what you are saying it sounds like it is a good thing I did.

no i liked it