Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Wearing heels on a treadmill?

I bought these new heels, but I never wore 4 inch heels before, (i'm used of wearing 1 1/2 and 2 inch heels). I was wondering if it would be safe to wear my new 4 inch heels and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes so that I can get used to walking with them on. Good idea or dumb idea?

hahaha some of your comments are making me feel like such a dumb *** but thanks

Favorite Answer

i think walking on a treadmill sounds like a bad idea. i would practice on concreate to a) rough up the bottoms a bit and to b) get used to the feeling of actual ground below your new heels.

Aside from the fact that they are generally prettier than flats (because they are so popular), women believe it makes their legs and rear ends look better. They are actually bad for your feet if you wear them every day (they mess with your arches and your body will tighten up the achilles tendon eventually). They aren't so great for your back either. It does take practice to wear them, you have to learn how to modify your walk and get used standing in them. I usually don't wear above one or maybe two inches because I'm clumsy and I don't want to put in the time and injuries to learn to walk in higher shoes. Your ankles have to be pretty strong and they have to get used to supporting your weight like that (just like they would be sore after ice skating) One or two inches isn't all that high and usually those heels are way more comfortable. Once you get used to them you don't feel as much pain (in other words, you kind of have to wear them everyday or not at all, especially the high ones).

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Sorry! You need to walk in the natural environment where you'll be wearing these heels and take some running shoes with you to change into after you've walked around for a bit.

Not on a treadmill. You are liable to break you ankle doing this.

If you want to try out your new heels, I suggest walking up and down your street.

That's definately a dumb idea. Walk around your house with them on, but don't get on a treadmill. Sometimes I wonder about people!!

LOL!!! That's funny!!

But girl...for your safety and stuff, I would NEVER do that. You could slip and fall. If you wanna get used to them wear them around the house-but not a treadmill.

You could sprain an ankle. Just put them on and walk around the house in them for an evening. I would wear stockings so you don't get blisters .

I would say to help strengthen your calf muscles it is okay to wear them on the treadmill SLOW but not to learn how to walk in them...

Ummmmmmmmm.......

if you don't mind aces than its a good idea as long as you don't go fast and its your treadmill your on and mabey 15min instead of 30min trust me you will hate them by then if you walk for 30min straight with new 4 inch heals!

PS: 15 min tops no more!!!!!!!!!!

JUST KEEP TALKING AND SMILING AND THE CRAZY PERSON WILL CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well scince you are not used to them you might be dlumsy and fall so i dont think its a good idea. maybe try walking in your house with them on. but dont walk on the treadmill