I may be being scammed by Russian internet woman with a yahoo.com address from Russia? Is that possible?

From Cupid.com I was contacted by a woman??? who is sending emails and a copy of her passport. She hasn't asked for money and claims she is moving to the US, but she hasn't directly answered questions I've asked. This seems like such a scam. She has a regular yahoo address ending in yahoo.com and I didn't know that was a valid international ending for yahoo?? Thanks

• Ali
    Best Answer

Chances are good it's a scam. So be smart: Don't send her any money, don't offer to foot any phone bills. If she says she's moving, that's great. Tell her you'll be happy to take her out to dinner once she arrives, but you won't spend a single penny on her before she's face to face, in the flesh.

I believe anyone can get a yahoo.com address and yes you can get scammed from a woman in russia. Happend twice to a guy I used to work with. They both took him for $7500.00. They had an internet relationship for several months before they asked him for money to move. The first time I felt really bad for him. The second time it was just funny.

• jim

Call Yahoo 1-408-349-1572

yes she is a scamer. Copy and paste everything she is asking you then report her to cupid.com. then deleate her from her e-mail addy and block her.why do you want a russia women any ways. Theres plenty of pretty american women here.

You can order a background check on her http://www.gotokazan.com/scam.htm

THIS scam has been around for years!! Ignore it!! :-)=

gotta be a setup.