Phoenix, Albuquerque or El Paso?

Which is the best city in the Southwest to retire? I'm planning to someday move there.

Favorite Answer

I have lived in ABQ and currently live in El Paso. Have visited Phoenix. ABQ has a very high crime rate and housing is expensive. There is lots to do though, especially if you like nature. I don't care for El Paso at all really. Things are expensive if you take into account that 30% of the entire city is below poverty level. It's also very boring if you are not into going over to Juarez to get trashed. Car theft is a big deal here, and there are 456 gangs in this city, according to the El Paso Times.

I like Phoenix, but you should visit any place you want to live first. My tastes might be different than yours.

Well it depends on what you are looking for when you retire!

Pheonix is hot very hot but has a lot to offer such as golf courses and condos and maid services.

Albuquque is warm not near as hot and offers a bare neccecity of things it does have a golf course and condos and isn't near as large or as busy as Pheonix.

El Paso, TX well unless your a cowboy forget it they still think that they are the ****.

El Paso, NM well it is so tiny and really worth living there. In fact a lot of folks raised there think the world is flat cuz people leave and never come back.

Source(s): lived in Tucson, AZ for 28 yrs and have friends from all 4 places.

Phoenix baby!! It has something for everyone, of every age. It has a huge selection of golf courses, great club scenes, lots of man made lakes, and the weather is really only crappy three months out of the year with everything airconditioned anyway. Plus, the further north you go, the greener it gets! Just don't go too far north. Somebody put a big freakin' hole there. Oh, and Lake Powell borders Utah (just north of said hole), just awesome. Good luck man! Karma

Albuquerque. Calmer lifestyle

Albuquerque. Cultural. Good climate. Good people.

Albuqerque...unless you like it to be scorching hot, then move to pheonix...but I hated it there. I lived there for 7 years.

phoenix.

Source(s): ive been to all those places.