Who Sings "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend"?

I thought it was Janet Jackson. Maybe Quincy Jones gets credit for that piece, for some reason I believe that QJ was involved with that song. However when I look it up Yahoo's jukebox, I don't get results I expected. Perhaps the title is off by a character or two. Example: "Diamond's ( are a girl's best friend)"

Favorite Answer

Herb Alpert gets the credit but it is Janet Jackson singing. The song is called "Diamonds". There is no mention of "a girl's best friend" (that's a Marilyn Monroe song).

Some of the lyrics are:

I don't want your money

I don't want your key

DIAMONDS!

Love don't come for free

It was released in the 80's

"Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" is a song perhaps most famously performed by Marilyn Monroe in the 1953 film Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. In a later scene, Jane Russell, who played opposite of Monroe, sang "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" in court. Monroe's rendition of the song has been considered an iconic performance and since been copied by other blonde bombshells ranging from Madonna to Anna Nicole Smith. The song was also featured in 2001 film Moulin Rouge!, sung by Nicole Kidman.

"Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" was introduced by Carol Channing in the original Broadway production of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, which was written by Jule Styne (who also wrote the scores for such famed Broadway musicals as Funny Girl and Gypsy) and Leo Robin.

If you want to download the song , pl. visit:

http://www.marilynmonroe.com/about/music3.htm

• ?

Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend

ENOUGH with the marilyn monroe answers. That's NOT the song the question is about.

Look at rlitt_99's post above. The SONG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR is "Diamonds" by Herb Alpert featuring JANET JACKSON on vocals.

Marylin Monroe

The desire to learn is a good step to making money online. The next step is to look for free resources that will give you the correct information that you'll need to get started. You can check out here http://moneyonline.toptips.org/

It gives free training on how to make money online

Carol Channing

Marilyn Monroe sang it in the Movie

A lot of people "sing it"! But Marilyn is the one person with whom the song is usually associated. It is a very old song. My father recorded it in the 1940's!

Emmy Lou Harris

Marilyn Monroe

Carol Channing

To name a few