bamf asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

where can i find a good anger managment center in Maine?

I am 16 an dmy step father has serious anger managment problems , he wakes up every day and screams at me and my mom , i need help to stop it

• Ryan R
    Favorite Answer

Contact the nearest Department of Health and Human Services office. Keep in mind, though, that change has to come from within: If your step-father is not willing to attend an anger management group, there's little you can do. However, try to talk with your parents about how your step-father's behavior bothers you. If you're not comfortable speaking, you might consider writing him a letter describing your feelings.

I believe a good anger managment center to find is at the church, not in the church, but in an anger managment group center at the church. It could be sponsored by the state of Maine or by the courts of Maine. Just Do It!

If you BELIEVE IN YOURSELF that you need to change that attitude and character by admitting to yourself and your LOVE ONES that YOU NEED THAT TRANSFORMATION, DO IT!

I learned that I can't blame anyone for MY FEELINGS, I can't point my finger to anyone for MY FAULTS. I learned to "look at myself' and pin-point my errors and mistakes and how I acquired that formation from *my past. I admitted that after I denied it at first. Today, after many years, my children said I've changed.

Personally, my past, my errors, and my mistakes haven't disappeared from my thoughts, yet, I RECOGNIZE THEM and PRACTICE WHAT I'VE LEARNED TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

People say that in order to be a professional athlete, one must practice, eat the right foods, sleep good, do the 'stretches', etc. And *practice more. For me, *it's a daily routine, as far as disciplining my anger.

Sorry, but, as reference, the bible says something like, "...be angry, but don't abuse that anger", something like that.

Finally, for the sake of writing, my best reference is the Bible.

In my references, I read *Galatians, chapter 5, verses 16 to 26, and chapter 5 of Ephesians, verses 1 to 33 and chapter 6, verses 1 to 4, 10 to 18.

Read it or don't read it, it's all up to you! It's not a religious thing, it's just for personal knowledge.

Source(s): Personal acheivements.