What's your opinion of pre-lit Christmas trees ?

I've seen several that I like, but I also heard that pre-lit trees are trouble. Any thoughts ?

Favorite Answer

This will be our 4th year with a pre-lit tree. We have a VERY dry house as well as cats that like to eat pine needles and 2 small children. The lights look awesome, but i do miss the real pine smell a lot. I'm not sure about replacing the lights, but I figure after 4 or 5 years it's worth the money anyay. Good Luck.

I just bought one 2 wks ago and set it up to see what it looks like. They are pretty neat. I don't think you'd have to replace the whole tree if the light cord burnt out, as it appeared to me that it was a normal light set on it, just tied to the tree. So you'd just have to untie and go back to the old do-it-yourself way. I personally love that I finally got one.

pre-lit trees are awesome, dont listen to what people say we had one for 5 years now and we have had no trouble... get one i am telling you it will save you so much time and trouble.

pre-lit in october for xmas is taking things too far and missing the concept of xmas,usually by greedy store bosses,pre-lit in the form of tree with lights built in is well, easier than wrapping lights all around only to find one of the 80 bulbs(very fragile and small)needs locating and replacing.

I had a 2ft fiber optic tree that held up great for about 5 yrs with no problems whatsoever. Then it died. I've been really tempted to replace it because I loved that one.

I'm not familiar with any other style though.

• Wicked

I would think that if you have trouble with the wire and the lights will not light, You would need a whole new tree.

i im not a big fan of pre lit ones it is cooler and safer to buy light good led lights

You heard right they're nothing but trouble and will ruin your christmas. Steer well clear is my advice.

well the advantage is you dont have to string up lights disadvantage is if the lights stop working you have to string up lights anyway

i lie mine just make sure you get one that has enought lights on it...easy to set up and tear down