Richguy asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Increasing your credit score by 200 points in 90 days or less True or False?

Have you or someone you know tried "adding age credit lines" or companies which claim to have a network of "good trade lines" in which one can use to add 200+ point to your credit score? I have heard of "piggy backing" which is perfecly leagle however I am sceptical about spending $2000 for a network of trade lines that don't esist........................No opinions please!

• Halo
    Best Answer

False. It takes time to build your credit score. If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it.

Possible, yes.

Likely no.

I have heard about these companies before and their technique is true and does work only if they follow through on adding you to some seriously solid, well seasoned accounts.

It sounds like an ideal scam for scammers but if they were to add you as an authorized user to 4-5 new solid accounts with long term payment histories and huge limits, the snaswer is yes. May not be quite 200 points but could be close.

Here is an article on piggybacking:

http://www.expert-credit-advice.com/building_credi...

I've thought about it also, I was going to do the $1000 deal, I actually asked the same question 2 weeks ago. I'm really still thinking about it. I know you can do this with anyones credit as long as it's good. The hard thing is making sure the account you're being added to will be reported. I was added to my mom's Target Visa, she has a $7K limit. Guess what, Target doesn't report authorized users so it didn't help me. I've heard Citibank does, so I've had her add me to her Home Depot and a few other cards. If it works it will save me the $1000 I'd planned on spending. If you decide to do it, and it works please let me know. Good Luck

• Linda

I doubt it, since it was a Seminar, did she back it up anyway? Never heard of it. I make a payment to my credit card every week, whatever extra I have and I haven't seen my report change and it has been a year.

False!

You are wise to be skeptical, this looks and sounds and smells like a TOTAL SCAM AND RIPOFF!!!!! Please don't give these losers your $2,000!

$2000???? Holy cow.