promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why did Pierce Brosnan get fired as James Bond?

I thought he did a great job!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

According to him, he quit. According to the studio, he wasnt what they were looking for for the new Bond. The new Bond movie is supposed to be the prequel to the others so Bond is more rough and not the ladies-man he was made into.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Despite a pre disposed negtive perception of Pierce as a result of his image and or persona I must agree that he did do a pretty good job. He is getting too old now though, and a new Bond wil most likely generate a better ticket sales performance. Daniel Craig will make a great Bnod in my opinion however. While on the topic of Pierce Brosnan though I must say that I was very impressed with his performance in the Matador.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I frequently spend my half an hour to read this blog's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

• 1 decade ago

He was replaced over money issues. Yes, I thought he was perfect for the role too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

he had fullfilled the contract and asked for more money, i also think that adjusting for inflation he drew slightly less with each film. also I think his age was something of a factor.

• 1 decade ago

Because he was getting older and he is no Sean Connery

• 1 decade ago

i dont know that he got "fired" persay, but its probably becuse the man is about 55(hard to belive i know)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I love this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.