speeding in a school zone in N.Y?

i got speeding ticket @ school zone going 31mph than the speed limit

what should i do right?

how bad it will effect my insurance and my License ?

is there is away to getaway from that ?

Favorite Answer

Look speeding in a school zone is really bad. I do not have any idea of your driving history. But if this is the first offense you have, here is what I would recommend. Go and get yourself a good traffic lawyer. You can tell him all the details. Hopefully he can negoitate the speeding to a violation less than 10 miles an hour and you pay the full fine. Lots of times this is what happens, if you do not do this you are looking at a four point violation, and very high insurance for at least three years. There is no way to get this thrown out totally. It just doesn't work like that. Normally your attorney will negotiate to have it reduced and you pay the full fine.

Speed limit in a school zone in Arkansas is 25 miles per hour. Now, Was your speed 31 and speed limit 30? Or, were you going 31 miles per hour over the speed limit ? You have my sympathy if you were tagged going 1 mile over the limit. And may have a case to present to a judge. IF YOU WERE DOING +31MPH, SHAME ON YOU PAY THE FINE AND HOPE THEY DON'T TAKE YOUR LICENSE AWAY, AT THAT SPEED YOU WOULD HARDLY FEEL THE BUMP AS YOU CRUSHED SOME SMALL CHILD BENEATH THE WHEELS OF YOUR FLASHY RIDE. AND THAT DEATH WOULD HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Pay for the ticket, and next time go the speed limit in the school zone, which is 15 MPH.

Pay the fine and from now on slow down.

Think of those kids you could have ran over...I hope you get your license revoked!

pay money to the traffic cop. tell him to close the case.