I am in my late forties, had a complete hysterectomy, so I need to take HRT...?

Ofcourse there is so much negative about hormone replacement therapy...I am considering a "natural" HRT. Can you gals out there give me your thoughts on this?

Favorite Answer

It's a tough call...HRT vs. natural alternatives. There is a lot of controversy surrounding HRT in terms of heart attack, stroke and cancer associated with taking hormones. However women find that it takes care of their symptoms efficiently and quickly rather than the slower route through natural alternatives which, some women have felt little to no noticeable relief. I market natural products to Naturopathic Doctors and have worked with them quite extensively. My suggestion would be to speak with an ND (Naturopthaic Doctor), but at the same time work with your GP as well. The key is to try and find a balance between nutrition and medicine that will work with your body to help get you through this stage of life with as little discomfort as possible, but most importantly, get you through without any serious side effects. I am also in my forties, and still stuck with all the working parts, but am starting to experience the onset of that lovely phase, so I sympathize. Please look at both alternatives and find a balance...protect yourself. Good luck to you.

Once a woman goes through menopause (natural or induced by hysterectomy), her chances for breast cancer increase dramaticly. If you have no family history of breast cancer, there shouldn't be a problem with the therapy. However, if you do have the family history, I wouldn't take it. My sister had breast cancer in her 30's and as soon as she was diagnosed, I quit taking the pill because the hormones increase the risk. Go to your local health food store and ask one of the women there. My mother found a natural remedy for the symptoms of menopause that didn't increase her chances. Also, talk to your doctor about alternatives to the HRT.

I had a hysterectumy (or my hysterical rectom as I call it. maximum suitable subject I ever did) some 9 years in the past. (now 40 8) stored the ovaries yet began meno' indicators 3 years in the past. Went by using each and all the pro's and con's and desperate that at an analogous time as I nonetheless am i able to'm going to ( I trip horses and run) so do the HRT subject. i take advantage of a gel. that's fab. do no longer use it daily...approximately each 3 on the 2d. as long as that's synthetic no longer taken from mares i think of that's superb to apply it. pores and skin tone nonetheless stable and nonetheless in good shape. starting to be previous disgracefully!!!

i am 40 and had a total hysterectomy at 29. i have been on hrt ever since. i have in the past year dropped my dosage in half. i couldn't imagine going through it without, due to severe hot flashes. i have a mother and 2 sisters who also had it early and none have had problems. my mom is 73 and still going strong. i think its perfectly fine. i would recommend using the lowest dose possible.

• JustMe

A friend of mine has had great success using all-natural Menopause Balance Complex. She was originally taking Premarin and started experiencing some of the side effects.

It uses compounds found in plants called phytoestrogens to ease mood swings, sleeplessness, and hot flashes associated with menopause.

It contains standardized extract of black cohosh as well as soy isoflavones and flaxseed. Also contains proprietary phytoestrogen blend of dong quai, red clover, and licorice. No artificial colors or flavors and no synthetic preservatives.

Hope this is helpful and feel free to contact me with questions.

i am fifty seven years young and i am on hrt because i went through the change age forty six so i do know what its like to be on hrt