Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever ridden on a riverboat?

for a dinner cruise or a trip????

Favorite Answer

Several times for a dinner cruise. It was a replica of an 1800's paddle wheel riverboat on the Mississippi.

I have ridden on several riverboats. One riverboat was in Fairbanks, Alaska.They took you up the river to an Indian village and showed you all kinds of things that are done in Alaska. How they catch salmon. One Indian lady could clean and skin a salmon in less than thirty seconds. They had to learn to be fast because they need the fish to survive the long winters.

I also went on a cruise ship from Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for a week. That was really a nice cruise.

Another riverboat that I rode on was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, they took you up the river and let you off to eat at really good barbecue place they owned. Then after you ate they had a show there. Then you got back on the riverboat for your ride back to where you started. They had a comedian onboard both ways to liven up the trip.

I have also ridden on a riverboat on the Mississippi River at New Orleans, Louisiana.

I have also took a few short gambling cruise ships (with dinner included) from Cape Canaveral, Florida.

I also was in the U. S. Navy and cruised half way around the world. I was as far west as San Diego, California and as far east as Karachi, Pakistan. I also have been all over the Mediterranean Sea and sailed around the tip of Africa, while in the Navy. (I live in Miami, Florida).

Whether riding on a Navy ship or a cruise ship or just in a riverboat, it is very relaxing to be on the water. If you ever get the chance to do it, I would say do it. You won't regret it. Have fun!!!

Have a great day!

• SunFun

Yes on the Thames in London, a gondola in Venice, The Rogue river in Oregon, In Idaho on the Snake River, In New Zealand just for day trips no food.

The last time I went on one was for an after-wedding event. It lasted from 10pm until just after midnight. I'm glad I went home after the wedding to change into pants because it was pretty chilly. The boat was licensed but I just had a couple of coolers because I didn't want to have to try to leave the deck to find the bathroom.

No but I went to the riverboat casino in Indiana when it was docked.

i once went on a midnight riverboat cruise/dance. it was a lot of fun.

• ?

yep...had dinner on a riverboat on the Tennessee River...It was one of the most memorable nights of my life...

It wasn't a paddle boat but it was a large boat. It went up the Rhine River in Germany. They set off fireworks at the castles along it. It was cool.

• BAnne

A dinner cruise. My hubby and I took one for our anniversary. It would have been lovely but a bunch of 6th graders were also celebrating graduation so it was very rowdy.

my boyfriend took me on a romance riverboat last year for my birthday, it was really cool .