Was Mclarren right to drop David Beckham?

David Beckham is no longer captain, not in the team and rarely in the squad! Will he ever get back in the team?

Will Michael Owen?

Should Wallcot go to Euro 2008?

Is John Terry a worthy captain?

Please share your views.

Favorite Answer

David Beckham is a world class player, whence the reason he's playing for the greatest club in Europe. Mclarren was right to drop him at the time, as his form was poor, but to banish him from the setup is disgraceful. Beckham has still loads to offer, which makes me think that this decision was a personal one.

Michael Owen statistically is already a goal scoring legend, currently joint fourth all-time English goal scorer tells you how prolific he has been over the years. since his injury nobody has stepped in and made the position their own. Michael will comeback and become Englands alltime record goalscorer that's for sure!!

potentionally Walcott has the world at his feet, Arsenal are slowly introducing him to the demands of professional football at the highest level. They are nursing a wonderful talent. This boy has unbelievable pace who leaves defenders standing and an ability beyond his years to score goals. He will be a key member in the England side that goes to Euro 2008.

Yes John Terry is a born leader. Currently one of the best centre backs in the world. JT has every attribute. He's strong, well organised , good in the air, brave and also has a unique ability to score goals at vital times. A true captain!

I think if David Beckham was playing brilliant football (as opposed to getting splinters on the bench as he is a the mo') he'd at least be in the squad, but he's not.

Michael Owen will most likely, and he has more time on his side than Becks.

2008's a long way off, so who knows.

I suppose John Terry is an good captain, though it's tough to say that having played so few games. I'm a Manchester United supporter and I think Gerrard should be captain, he can really change the game for his team unlike JT, and when you see your captain play like that it invariably has an affect on the way you play. But the London-based media is biased towards London-based players.

• BeN

Maybe. But I think McClaren should let Becks reach 100 caps first before dropping him. Maybe bringing him on as a late sub or something. (He currently has 94 or 96 caps)

Owen should be in if he is fit. Though I wonder when will that be...

Yes, Walcott should go to Euro 2008. Wenger should play him more, because he is a massively talented youngster.

I preferred Gerrard as captain actually, but Terry is a fine choice too.

beckam is worthy of playin in the squad, but about owen i jus think his career is over and basicalyy talkin walcot is not a potential player and,terry is a gud player but not worthy to hold the captain band it wud be better if gerrard or ferdinand hold it

he was right to drop beckham now lennon is fit again

owen will but don't now when

wallcot should has he will have played more games

and terry is

now that beckham is out of the squad, england is nothing, they are nothing without beckham.

i think it was right

i think "becks" is over rated & he kinda sucks

but itz kinda sad if he would b retiring soon

Oh i thought he played football, and now your telling me he's a F1 driver,man im thick.............

He sucks...let it go and move on.

no