ajay n asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 1 decade ago

Can I still exchange french francs for sterling?

Best Answer

yes, big bank in france still accept it and change it to EURO for you

The only way you could change them is by taking them to the BANQUE DE FRANCE and change them into Euros...then you could exchange the euros for pounds sterling...

Evidently, you would have to be in a french city to find a Banque de France. (Only the National Bank of each of the EEC countries will still change the old currency into the new Euros, the rest of the banks cannot handle this transaction).

• hec

Officially - only at one of Banque de France offices. If I remember correctly, you'll be able to do it until January 2012.

I won't be surprised, if you can find somebody in UK who would buy them from you at a discount.

• Hedy

Unfortunatly no, as the currency for France is no longer the French Franc, it is now the Euro.

The currency in France is now Euro. I think the fracs are obsolete.

The franc was no longer legal currency after Feb 17th., 2002

Send them to Blue Peter. They have been running an appeal and somehow manage to get them converted into cash for good causes.

No - definitley not. You can of course donate them to some charities, where they have a scrap metal value.

nopee i dont think so.. but people may be illing to buy them on ebay.. x