Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you believe Kerry?

There are a couple things that make this a little far fetched.

First of all, Kerry did not mention anything about Bush or Bush's people or the Bush Administration.

Secondly, he will not apologize to the troops that he insulted. He did do them wrong with his words whether he meant it or not. So does he want them to feel this way?

Finally, Kerry said that uneducated people go to Iraq. Who in the Bush administration isn't extremely educated? Keep in mind that both Bush and Kerry went to Yale and Bush got better grades.

I don't think that he meant to insult the troops, but how could he possibly be referring to the Bush administration? It seems to me that he did mean what he said, didn't mean for it to insult the troops, and expects the media to take a lot of the burden off him.

Who said anything about believing Bush?

• Em E
    Favorite Answer

Kerry blames Bush for his own failures. What a coward. Every war, he insults our military, then insults American public again by spinning, churning out his lies, not taking responsibility for his remarks.

Why do liberals accept his insults to their intelligence? Who does he think he's smoking? Kerry really thinks he speaks to dunces. That includes his own party who absorb and reiterate his idiocy.

Liberals, how much more pathetic can you be? Have some self respect.

Republicans think for themselves. We would never follow stupidity like that. That's why Foley and Trent Lot quit. We withdrew support of them, even though Dems have done far worse. Why aren't you thinking, Liberals? He smoked you, and you love it.

How?

Why do you cling?

Having read his book about his time in Nam. NO! He lied when he said that President Nixon sent him into Cambodia in December of 1968. Mr. Nixon was not the President yet and if Mr. Nixon had told Mr. Kerry to go into that country then Mr. Kerry obeyed an unlawful order!

He lied then in May of 1971 before congress and is still lying now!

Ok, first of all--Bush has NEVER seen active duty. He is not in Iraq. He is has NEVER fought in wartime. Cheney has fought captive quail, but he got 5 draft deferments so he didn't have to fight in Vietnam. He also is not serving in Iraq. None of Bush's people have. It's not coinicidence that so many active duty military personnel and vets are supporting Democrats in this election. Some of them are running for Democrat seats.

As for Bush's level of education--he may have attended Yale, but I bet he got someone else to do his homework. He should have kept them on, they did a better job for him than the people who 'advised' him into the disaster in Iraq. And I don't think much of of anyone who can't think for themselves. A president has an absolute responsibility to do his own homework. One who lets his advisors do all the work for him is no better than a puppet.

Kerry did not insult the troops. He was talking about Bush. Kerry is a decorated war veteran. He's been an advocate for veterans all his adult life. If you are upset about his remark because you claim to have respect for people who have served in the military, then Kerry's explanation of his remark should stand on his merits.

If you still choose to misunderstand his remark, then how is saying stay in school, do well, fulfill your potential, don't join the military and get sent to Iraq an insult? Military recruiters use high school records to target kids who are struggling in their classes. They go to poor areas of the country and convince poor kids that the military is their best option to get an education or a job. That's how they fill those quotas! And thousands of those kids ARE stuck in Iraq because stop-loss orders issued by Bush are preventing them from coming home even when their tour of duty should have ended! Check out the ages of the people who have died over there--on average they're about 19 years old.

Kerry doesn't need to apologize. Everyone who is trying to use this incident to hide the realities of the mess we're in certainly does. I hope you decide not to be one of them.

• Kerry did not insulted the troops.

Just because you are serving in the military in Iraq doesn't mean you're not intelligent. Having a college diploma doesn't mean you are intelligent either (Bush is a prime example). But let's face it, how many PHD's are serving in Iraq right now compared to high school grads? THE FACT IS THAT IT IS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TO GET A COLLEGE EDUCTION BECAUSE OF SKYROCKETING TUITION COST! SO A LOT OF PEOPLE JOIN THE MILITARY (THUS END UP IN IRAQ) SO THEY CAN GET GOVERNMENT MONEY FOR COLLEGE!

Bush and company has turned Kerry's comment on the state of education into an insult. Nice spin, boys.

Bush lies and he still pukes out lies. It is that saying, "back up what you say and spin it to what you want." I think with all that is being brewed at the end of a day we still have a president with no clear direction of the war and what its consequences will be long term. We the people are getting side tracked by issues that are not of importance and the life changing ones are being swept under the rug.

Source(s): pleasehelpmenow....... You are truly an idiot if you vote republican because of one persons speach. I D I O T!!

Kerry obviously doesn't even think before opening his mouth. I find it sad and pathetic that he insult our troops that way. There is no apology that can make up for insulting the men and women that give their lives for this country.

Give us a break on the grades, they both did crummy.

Extremely educated? Maybe be but they could and have screwed up just about everything they've touched, maybe we need educated and a little common sense.

Kerry should be working at Macs or some such.

He's a liberal. They always generate the opposite results of stated intentions! Even if it was a botched joke, there is always something behind the humor that reflects the beliefs.

Kerry should resign, this behaviour is unacceptable.

I guess when it comes to them I choose to believe the lesser of the 2 evils- that's Kerry!

Kerry is an idiot. I am a Democrat saying this. I hate to say it....we just gave the Republicans the win next week. Those comments are making me vote Republican now. They support our troops. I respect that. GOD BLESS AMERICA