bcb asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

I need help. I dont know what to do?

hey guys

OK here goes. I come over to the USA on a HB2 working visa only valid for about 3 months I jumped the visa . I only got it to get into the country Cos i have a boyfriend here in the states We were suppose to get married asap but the lawyer said to wait cos it will be suspicious, My visa expired 8 months ago and still not married. I am getting worried. I hate being illegal and worry all the time. I miss my family and my friends back home. I talk to him about it and still nothing i do love him but i guess i have to take matters into my own hands. So i cant wait for him to marry me to get legal i think he is satisfied about the living arraingments and the fact that i am here now and feel no need for him to get married i think his selfish not to see my point of view in this..

How do i go about a backup plan? how do i get legal myself ? Any advise will be so much appreciated.

Favorite Answer

go back 2 the motherland

You should have come on a fiancee visa instead. But now too late so lets deal with reality. Tell him that you want to visit your family this winter because you miss them terribly and in order to do that you must have the green card. If he is too selfish to do the right thing by you and is even willing to RISK you being arrested and thrown into an immigration detention facility any time, then he does not love you and you need to leave him. Go home, and you must know you will not be able to return for 3 years if you overstayed your visa. Now, if you never showed up to work with your sponsor and simply said you would but didnt, then you have a bigger problem in your hands and you best get a lawyer to help you when you file fo rthe green card. You could be accused of having committed fraud agaist the USCIS to obtain an immigration benefit in which case unless you are pardon with a waiver, you are barred from obtaining any future immigration benefit. You are in danger and need to have an adult converstion with your bf. He needs to grow up and be a man, make you legal or pay for your return ticket home

girl, you should be careful marrying someone just for legality. for some they believe they can then control you, they think they've got something on you. anyway, just your feelings of guilt shows you are a good person that doesn't want to do the wrong thing. I would suggest going home to your family and friends to really think this over, you will be able to think more clearly without all the worry about if you are going to get caught. then if you still want to be in the US you can apply again. time away from your boyfriend may also help give you insight. why not ask him to go with you for a visit to your home? good luck

I don't mean to be mean but you said it yourself that you are now here Illegally. What makes you think that now you can be legalize after breaking the law. go back home and reapplied for another visa or for resident status and don't let them know that you have overstayed here. If you get caught you will be deported back to your country and will not be able to enter the U.S again for a much longer time. If he loves you he will help you get a K-1 visa to get married here, If not he just used you.live and learn.

Sweetie, Im sorry but he is a jerk. If he knows that things are uncomfortable for you and that you are in this situation and he is just okay with it then you need to lose that jack A**. Go home, see your family. I don't know how you can get legal on your own. I know I have a friend who is trying to marry a girl from england and they are doing everything completely legal and it been over five years. Good luck!!! I hope it works out!

So you came over with a visa with the intention of using it just to gain entry. And you planned to get married so you could stay here? Premeditation to violation of immigration laws. And you sound like an illegal to me.

First, if he wont marry you Id want to settle that first. Second, you could personally be in a lot of trouble if you get caught being illegal. You boyfriend should be concerned about this too! If he knows you could get sent to jail, and he truly loved you, why isnt he marrying you so you dont risk the chance of getting caught. My suggestion is for you to think about yourself now. Get out of the situation and go back home. Right now, by law, there is nothing you can do to straigten things out. If they find out your there they will put your but in jail for being illegal, there is nothing to do to make urself legal. And you are right, he is being selfish. A backup plan, get your but home or tell him he needs to marry you. Tell him its either you going home, or to marry him. And if he says go home we know how he truly feels.

Source(s): SSW Certification

Just my opinion. Maybe he believes that the only reason you want to get married is because you want to be legal in this country and not because you truly love him and if he is a person that does not believe in divorce then he will not take that chance.

You are so nonchalant about defrauding the Americans and their immigration control procedures. It is like some game for you, I think. So first game did not work, you are wanting a new game to make yourself legal (and it is your boyfriend that you think is selfish?). Even to an outsider, your mentality is offensive.

• Wanda

Go home. Why does he need to buy the cow when he is getting the milk for free. You should never be so reliant on someone else for your wellbeing. Take your life back into your own hands - go home and be with your real friends and family.

you need to get married or have a child if you want to stay here legally and not have to potentially leave. If you don't you will become very dependent on this guy who isn't marrying you for whatever reason.

you dont have a lot of options. Marrying is your best bet. So put on your makeup and best dress and get husband-hunting, girl! when you are married, make sure your marriage petitions are filed with immigration asap.