Lisa
Lisa asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

Need something quck and easy!?

This Friday we are having a carry in at work but its only finger food types of food. I know someone is making a cheeseball. I need some suggestions on what I can bring. Keep in mind it needs to be simple. I have a 5 month old son at home!

For the one who asked why i can't cook with a 5 month old in the house. Um I can but I don't really want to take the time to cook something difficult just for a simple finger food carry in for work on a casual Friday.

Favorite Answer

Oreo Balls

1 pkg oreos - crushed

2 pkg cream cheese - softened

blend crushed oreos and cream cheese together and roll into bite size balls

dip eash ball into melted almond bark and set in fridge to cool

• lisa

This is Super-Easy. My friend, Lou used to bring this when we had "Food Day" at work.

Quick Ham Salad

1 can of ham - drained.(Not the kind David Letterman gives away, but the little cans like flaked tuna comes in!)

Mayo (I never really measure, I just get a heaping table spoon. You may want a bit more or less!)

dill pickles chopped (You can use 5 or 6 sliced pickles chopped or if you have spears, I usually just use one.)

Dill pickle juice (Just pour about 2 tablespoons of the puice that the pickles are in.)

Mix together and serve with crackers!

What's your budget and party size? My suggestions:

1. Chicken wings - get drummetts (trimmed wings) and a marinade. Dump them both in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high and that's it.

2. Vegetable tray - not so exciting, but depending on where you work, people may really appreciate a healthy choice. You can also buy these all ready.

3. Shrimp Cocktail - like the veg tray, healthy and simple. You can buy it at most supermarkets.

• Marie

Pita and hummus!

You can buy pre-made hummus at the store.

If you have extra time - cut the pitas into triangles, brush a little olive oil on then and then salt with sea salt (you can get a small container of this that comes with a grinder attached at the grocery store). Pop them in the toaster oven/oven for just a few minutes. They don't have to be warm when you serve them, they usually stay nice and toasted for a few hours.

TROPICAL MIX

This can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator

1/2 cup dried apricots chopped

1/2 cup chopped dates

1/2 cup sultanas

1/4 cup flaked almonds

1/4 cup rolled rice

2 tablespoons oil

1 tablespoon honey

Combine apricots, dates, sultanas, coconut, almonds and rice in a large heatproof bowl. Combine oil and honey in small saucepan, bring to boil, boil for 1 minute. Pour honey mixture over fruit mixture, mix well.

Spoon tropical mix into shallow baking dish, bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, cool.

Makes about 2 cups.

I always make either spinach dip with knorrs vegetable soup. All you do is add frozen spinach, mayo, sourcream, and the powder soup, refrigerate and bring chips. Or, ask your local butcher to cut you chicken drummettes. Season them up with a little seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder etc. and bake them in the oven turning once. They are delicious and oh so easy. Last suggestion-Taco dip. Brown ground meat and add taco seasoning. Layer refried beans, the meat, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, olives and tomotoes. Bring chips and your done!!! Hope one of these helps!!

Quick and Easy - Meatballs in sauce -

purchase a large bag of precooked meatballs from you supermarket

dump them in a crockpot and cover them w/ your fave sauce - marinara, bbq or you can use this recipe makes great tangy meatballs

1 12oz bottle Chili Sauce

1 10oz jar Grape Jelly

1 lemon - juiced

add all to crockpot and cook on low for 2/3 hrs

this can be made that morning as you are getting ready for work.

it tastes great :)

and all you need are toothpicks to go with.

Source(s): mom of 3, who makes these for our office lunches all the time and they r a hit :)

Pigs in a blanket. Take a can of crescent rolls and wrap them around vegetarian sausage links. Bake them at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Had these at a cocktail party and they were so good!

Pinwheels

Cream cheese

Salsa

Flour tortillas

Soften cream cheese, mix in some of the salsa. Spread this on a flour tortilla, roll up, slice in 1/2 inch slices.

OR:

Cream cheese

Drained crushed pineapple

Sliced deli ham (thinly sliced)

Flour tortillas

Mix cream cheese and pineapple, spread on tortilla. Cover with a slice of ham. Roll up and slice in 1/2 in slices.

PICKLE ROLL-UPS

-thin sliced sandwich meat-Ham/Beef

-container of cream cheese spread

*Optional * I add a dash of salt /pepper

* dash of hot sauce

*snipped chives to cream cheese-mix well

-Dill pickles-baby dills work well (Dill Spears-cut in half length wise)

-toothpicks

spread cream cheese on each slice of meat

lay pickle on slice

roll up

slice into bite size pieces (3-4)

secure each with toothpick

Fast, Easy and a Big Hit!

I make a variety- Some with plain Cream Cheese W/WO Pickles-Some with optional add in flavor W/WO Pickles

You can make 1-2 days ahead of time -wrap in plastic wrap or tightly sealed container and refrigerate.

Hope you have a FABULOUS FRIDAY!

GOOD DAY TO YA!