Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

OK.. Military Veterans. . .. .. What are we gonna do about John Kerry and the Democratic Party?

I served our country(1981-1987). I remember being stabbed. I remember the first time I got shot at. Nobody ever forgets that. And I never regretted a moment of it. I did it for EVERYONE. All Americans.

Isn't it about time. ONCE AND FOR ALL. To send a BIG message on election day and vote Republican. John Kerry's statement was an insult to every one of us. And he easily could have just apologized, and claimed he was tired or mis-spoke. HE DID NOT.

Are you pissed at the Democratic party? Are you going to SHOW IT and VOTE REPUBLICAN?

Favorite Answer

Kerry`s statements just prove the how the Democrats are uninformed and have true contempt for the Military.

1.The Military is better educated than the general population.

2.The Military is all volunteer.

3. One can not join without a minimum of a high school degree.

4. 73.3 percent of the Enlisted Military have some college, 16.2 percent have an associate’s degree or equivalent semester hours, and 4.7 have a bachelor’s degree. 85 percent of officers have advanced degrees – 70.7 percent have master’s degrees, 12.1 percent have professional degrees and 2.5 percent have doctorate degrees.

5. Dropouts can not get in the Military. They have to go to Mc Donalds.

6. Bush out performed with better grades Kerry in the same school and Bush went further.

7. There is no draft that takes underachieving kids out of school and sends them to war, that was the Vietnam war.

8. Kerry was talking to students about education.

So Kerry`s joke doesn`t fit and he was stating what he believed about a Military he has contempt for. The "Joke" was damage control for the gullible.

I'm a Persian Gulf Vet

Yeah! Kerry was probably on a short medal finding Vietnam mission BUT at least he went to Vietnam as did Max Cleland and as did John Murtha

Where the hell was Bush? in Alabama National Air Guard just as Dan Quayle and so many other "FORTUNATE ONES"

As a VET, I support our troops! I don't support sacrificing them for a BS Nation Building project ( which Bush was against in 2000) that has NOTHING to do with U.S. security! The War is against Bin Laden and Al Quaida.

When you support FAT CATS , they just get fatter while the rest of us get leaner, should be an interesting election day next tuesday.

• boots

as a military vet ( i am also) you already know the answer to this. now all you need to do is get everyone else on the same page. Kerry's past histrionics and attempts to make us believe he is any kind of a leader to follow have shown the color of his worth... a deep dark brown. purple heart? My dad got one in a real combat situation in 'Nam... turned it down because he didn't feel like he earned it, like the kids who got limbs blown off...guess it takes all kinds,eh? Semper Fi!

The Democrat's are not responsible for Kerry's stupid statement. Remember that a Republican President got us into this unnecessary war.

Vote against Kerry every time I get a chance. Add Teddy K to that list to. Both are has beens.

Yep, John Kerry pretty much sealed the democrats fate!lol

I say lets send John Kerry to Iraq, and let him fight with the troops. You see, I am a true DAV, I do not hide behind the Senate like he does.

Amen, bottles. His attempt at spinning is just pathetic, too. He said what he said, and he can't run from it no matter how hard he tries.

And thank you for your service.

After looking through your questions I doubt you are able to look at this objectively or that you are even interested in trying. All you're apparently interested in doing is propagating the right wing spin.

Don't blame the whole party just because of one chicken livered rich kid ( right I said kid, He surly is not a man)