Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

CIVILIAN asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Kerry,are his remarks treasonable ?

betrayal or disloyalty?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

OMGZ Kerry is teh fascist traitor to the one nation united unter the baby Jebuz!!,,,, how dare he Express opinion not in line WITH the one true rePubelican master holy blessed Pat Robertson endorsed Georgez Bush our diviene blessed in Christ by Jerry Falwell pray for our troops never forget 9/11 freedom for IRAQ and praise teh lord and pass teh ammunition!!

Source(s): teh infallible and almighty written word of the lord Jebuz Christo and his only defective son George Herbert Walker Coke-Sniffing Draft-Dodging Bush!
  • 1 decade ago

Treason, NOPE, Disloyal? To his party, no, to the troops, YES. Betrayal, That depends on what scope. I would say yes because he is betraying the men and women of the military!

Oh, and to the Moron just above me, KERRY should not be making statements like that and be a Senator! He should have IMMEDIATELY apologized for it and then make the statement that he ment it to be directed to Bush and not the troops. Anything less is an admittance to what he actually said!...

Oh, and the NY Times is very biased in that story don't you think?

Mr. ID, JUST because one serves in the Military does not give him or her the right to say anything and everything they want without criticism. He was WRONG and he should be tossed out on his ears for what he has said. But that is the choice of the Massachusetts People...

• 1 decade ago

Kerry said, "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Liberals are now claiming he was talking about President Bush.

Nowhere did he mention the name of President Bush. His insult was directed just at our nrave troops.

He never did apologize. Republicans need to realize that liberals hate the military. If we allow Congress to be overtaken by the Democrats, we will surely see this war underfunded and our brave troops left without the tools to keep them safe or to win the war.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only if you regard political dissent and the exercise of our freedom of speech to be treason. John Kerry is a veteran naval officer who served in combat in Vietnam. He has as much right as any American to criticise the president.

lancelot6: I did not write that Kerry is beyond criticism, so there is no logical basis on which you can construe that I did. I wrote that his exercise of the right to political dissent does not constitute treason, a crime punishable by death.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Treason? No. Stupid? Yes. Clarification? Clear as mud.

Sen. Kerry, you stepped in it and it was deeper than you thought imaginable. Bravo.

arvis3..."Kerry EARNED the right to say what he wants about the President and his failed war."

Your qualifications are absurd. If you have to serve in the military or have to have gone through something then what you say is not for scrutany? What he said was ambiguous- if it werent, he never wouldve responded with a so-called clarification that didnt have the gaffs...just spin. If he said what he meant, meant what he said, then these things wouldnt happen. Period.

lucas..."and if anyone is betraying their country, its those bastards who are still letting american men and women die in a country where they aren't doing any good, and no one wants them there anyways."

...like Pres. Clinton did...over...and over...and over? Wake up. This isnt the first time we've had soldiers in harm's way or were you too young to remember the dead soldiers being drug through the street?

• 1 decade ago

Treason, no. Betrayal, not at all. Disloyalty, no way. Really f'ing dumb, absolutely.

• Bart S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Good old healthy political debate is still alive and well in Bush's America I see!

Save your treason charges for imaginary Russian spies hiding under the bed......

• arvis3
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Another distortion.

He served his country. Have you? How about Rush? How about Dennis "I love child molesters" Hastert?

Dubbya did not serve one single day in combat, and Cheney had better things to do. Kerry did.

Kerry EARNED the right to say what he wants about the President and his failed war.

• 1 decade ago

I hope Kerry keeps talking in the spot light...It will give the republicans a better chance in the elections :D

• 1 decade ago

No, they're truthful. And it's about time! " 'Assorted right-wing nut jobs,' 'stuffed suit White House mouthpiece,' ' Republican hacks,' " oh, how I chortle. Damn straight. Go Kerry!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/31/washington/31cnd...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.