Sex vs. Violence in video games?

Alright, I'm not the type of guy that has anything against either. But, Hugh Hefner (Yeah, that guy) came up with a valuable point: "Don't you think it'd be better for the world to be exposed to sex rather than violence? There would be a lot less deaths."

Just think about this. GTA and Mortal Kombat have been out for years, and no problem.

But the hot coffee cheat pops up for GTA, and there's pandamonium. Noone's dying, noone's getting hurt. I think it's stupid to be hypocritical like that and kill a game for having a sexual content, and not kill it for decapitations and deaths,

I completely agree with that, feedback?

Best Answer

GTA got a bad rap all the way around. Parents should READ the lables on the games BEFORE they buy them for their kids. Plain & simple. As for the question: Is one better than the other. Neither are better or worse. They're adult games, intended for entertainment purposes only. What a person chooses to do after playing such games is their responsibility. The "world" is all ready exposed to sex & violence, so I can't really agree with that statement Hugh made. Taking into concideration this is a political voting year, chances are there's going to be some kind of bill out there that will try to squash the efforts of the manufacturer's of these violent/sexual content games for votes. (Let's hope not), but let's be realistic here for just a moment.... Kids wouldn't play these games if someone didn't get them for them to play. In all of our stores, if it's rated teen or higher (violent, mature etc), a kid cannot buy the game. Their parent has to buy the game for them. Ok, so let's look at that for just a moment. If the parent buys the game without doing their own research, why should they feel they have the right to holler about the game? Let's just say as an example they buy Hugh's Playhouse (not the real name of any game that I know of), & the kid is sitting there playing with naked women. Well.. if the parents had done their job, the kid wouldn't be playing that game now would they? There's a plethera of violent/sexual content games out there, & what happened to GTA was extremely hypocritical to say the least.

I agree with you totally, I think sometimes peoples relgious views get in the way though.

i completely agree with you, by the way there would be

some deaths cuz ya know hiv, aids etc, but who cares

the morons shouldv'e got tested in the first place lol

(joke)

you are right my friend