olympikdude asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Household way to get rid of stains on teeth?

Looking to get rid of stains on teeth using things found in the household. Maybe some kind of tricks or uncommon ways. Please do not say listerine and brush your teeth.

Favorite Answer

BAKING SODA AND TOOTHPASTE COMBINED

Mix about a teaspoonful of baking soda with a teaspoonful of hydrogen peroxide (available in first-aid section of drugstore, next to rubbing alcohol). Throw in a splash of lemon juice, which is good for brightening things up. You have just made the world's worst tasting toothpaste, but it will work. Put the paste on your front teeth and let it sit there for a couple of minutes, or as long as you can stand it. Then rinse with plain water. Do it every night after brushing with regular toothpaste. It may take about a week before you see results.

baking soda and peroxide. the baking soda exfoliates, while the peroxide whitens. if you can find a gel based peroxide, you're doing great. brush with the baking soda first in that case. but if not, make a paste out of the two, brush it onto your teeth, and let it sit for up to an hour. make sure you use sensodyne and ACT rinse 6 weeks before any bleaching regimin to prevent hypersensitivity. and only bleach canine to canine on your top and bottom. there is no need to bleach the back teeth, no one can see them, and you risk damaging them for no reason.

Source(s): former dental asst (4 years), current dental student

Baking soda works, but you have to use it 3 or 4 times a day for a week to notice results.

Okay I am incredibly cheap so what I do is mix a little bit of my toothpaste with a tiny amount of chlorine bleach and use that. It works, just becareful not to get carried away with the chlorine. I don't worry too much about it, I mean after all they do put it in the water supply, right?

Crest White strips are phenomenal! They work wonders....try them, they take off 14 years of stains.

Source(s): Used them.

I've heard that if you hold Hydrogen Peroxide in your mouth for 3 minutes a day (don't swollow). it will whitten your teeth

• Tracy

Baking soda and proxide work great, just dont taste to good..

brush with leamon or baking soda

Baking soda is what I use. Good for your tongue too.