promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can you explain to me Robert Frost's "A Brook In The City"???

And how it relates to the coming of the Industrial Age, and the destruction of countryland?

Gracias, if you can!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The farmhouse, like the brook, are things representing the rural landscape and a simpler, post-industrial way of life before the area was urbanzied with its streets and house numbers. The brook, like the trees, are no longer useful in this new landscape and are turned into a sewer system, then covered with dirt. No one will ever know where the brook used to be, and as the last two lines say, they wouldn't care even if they did.

This poem tells of how the rural landscape is being destroyed for "progress" but not too many people care. Good poems transcend the times they were written and become timeless. Go to any shopping center along the interstate or high-density subdivision full of McMansions and then re-read this poem and think that Frost wrote this in the early 1920s.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can you explain to me Robert Frost's "A Brook In The City"???

And how it relates to the coming of the Industrial Age, and the destruction of countryland?

Gracias, if you can!

Source(s): explain robert frost 39 quot brook city quot: https://shortly.im/rlrFS
  • 4 years ago

1923 Apparently, from where I got this, it was published and written in that year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.