Famous person from Seville, Spain?

I'm doing a project for spanish and i have to write about a famous person from Seville, past or present. Does anyone know of a famous artist or something from there that would actually be interesting to research?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • sarayu
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Seville was the home of Expo 92 World's Fair. The showpiece Alamillo bridge spanning the Guadalquivir designed by Santiago Calatrava, was built for this occasion

2. The mayor of Seville is Alfredo Sánchez Monteseirín.

Besides the following also will help:

Famous people born in Seville and Seville province

Roman emperors Trajan and Hadrian were born in Italica

Renaissance composer Cristóbal de Morales

16th century novelist Mateo Alemán

Playwrights Lope de Rueda Hermanos Alvarez Quintero

Historian of New Spain Bartolomé de Las Casas

Explorer Juan Díaz de Solís, born in Lebrija

Spanish Linguist and Grammarian Antonio de Nebrija, born in Lebrija

Baroque painters Velázquez, Valdes Leal and Murillo

Explorer and astronomer Antonio de Ulloa

Romantic poet Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer

Bullfighters Juan Belmonte, Curro Romero, José Antonio Morantes de La Puebla and Joselito el Gallo

20th century poets:

Vicente Aleixandre (Nobel Laureate)

Antonio Machado

Manuel Machado, his brother

Luis Cernuda

Composer Joaquín Turina

Actors Paco Leon, Manuel Luna

Actresses Carmen Sevilla and Paz Vega, Conchita Bautista

Dancers Antonio, el bailarin, Realito, Farruquito

Singers Isabel Pantoja, Juanita Reina, Lole y Manuel, Paquita Rico, El Caracol, and a large etcetera...

Comedians Paco Gandía, Josele, Pepe da Rosa and the Cadaval brothers, Jorge and Cesar, better known as Los Morancos.

Football (soccer) players Rafael Gordillo, Antonio Ramiro, "Antoñito" and José Antonio Reyes, Fernando Muñoz, "Nando", Ricardo Serna, Sergio Ramos

Track and field runner Antonio Jiménez Pentinel (European Champion in 3000-meters steeplechase)

Olympic swimmer Fátima Madrid

Rower Beatriz Manchon

Politicians Felipe González, President of the Government of Spain from 1982 to 1996, and Alfonso Guerra, vice president from 1982 to 1991

VR

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Spain Famous Person

• eska
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Famous People In Spain

• 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure if you search "landmarks - Spain", you'll find them all. Sagrada Familia is definitely way up there....but only about 100 years old. The Guggenheim, less than 10 years. Why not search for some HISTORIC landmarks? You realize, Spain has been inhabited for thousands of years, and there are buildings there that are older than 2000 years. Most would be considered landmarks. I truly believe that people who are doing homework should DO THEIR OWN. Rather than asking other people to do it for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.