Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 1 decade ago

Please tell me something about David Beckham!!!!!!?

I am not a football lover,but I saw him many many times,feel him very handsome.so I want to know him.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

David Robert Joseph Beckham OBE (born May 2, 1975) is an English footballer who plays for Real Madrid. Named a member of Pelé's FIFA 100, he is one of the most famous players in the world, and considered a celebrity even outside the soccer world.

Beckham is the fifth most capped England player of all time, and in addition to being the only Englishman to score in three different World Cups, is also only the fifth player in World Cup history to score twice from direct free kicks. He was captain of the English national team from 15 November 2000 to 2 July 2006.

Beckham's career began when he signed a professional contract with Manchester United, making his first first-team appearance in 1992, at the age of 17. While with Manchester United he played a key role in their dominance of the FA Premier League, being pivotal in accomplishing The Treble of the League, FA Cup, and UEFA Champions League in 1999.

He left the club to became only the third Englishman to sign for Real Madrid in 2003, after Laurie Cunningham and Steve McManaman.

In 2006, after England's quarter-final exit at the World Cup in Germany, he stood down as captain and was then succeeded by Chelsea captain John Terry. Beckham was dropped from the England national team selected by coach Steve McClaren on 11 August 2

Personal life

In 1997, Beckham started dating Victoria Adams, widely known as "Posh Spice" of the pop music group Spice Girls, and their relationship attracted a great deal of media interest.

He married Adams at Luttrellstown Castle, Ireland on 4 July 1999. The wedding attracted tremendous media coverage. Beckham's teammate Gary Neville was the best man, and the couple's son Brooklyn, then four months old, was the ring bearer. The media were kept away from the ceremony, as the Beckhams had an exclusive deal with OK! Magazine, but newspapers were still able to obtain photographs showing them sitting on golden thrones.[27] 437 staff were employed for the wedding reception, which was estimated to have cost £500,000. [28]

The Beckhams, who came to be known almost universally as "Posh and Becks", have three sons: Brooklyn Joseph Beckham (born 4 March 1999), Romeo James Beckham (1 September 2002) and Cruz David Beckham (20 February 2005). In an April 3, 2006 interview with The Daily Mail, Beckham admitted to suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder. [2]

[edit] Fame beyond football

Beckham's fame extends beyond the pitch; in much of the world his name is "as instantly recognisable as that of multinational companies like Coca-Cola and IBM."[29] Beckham's relationship and marriage to Victoria, who had been famous in her own right as part of the musical group Spice Girls, contributed towards him becoming a major celebrity outside of football. Because of this connection, Beckham has been dubbed "Spiceman" by the Spanish press. His ex-bodyguard Delfin Fernandez nicknamed him The Eagle for his extraordinary ability to see small objects from a great distance. He has recently moved into the world of aftershave along with Victoria with the release of his own scent: David Beckham Instinct. Beckham's name was searched for on Google more than that of any other sporting personality in 2003 and 2004

Trivia

Beckham never appeared in the 2002 film Bend It Like Beckham except in archive footage. He and his wife wanted to make cameo appearances but scheduling proved difficult so the director used lookalikes instead.[31]

Beckham makes a cameo appearance with Zidane and Raùl in the 2005 football film Goal! he says hello to the main character during a party about halfway through the film.

With his free kick goal against Ecuador in the second round of the 2006 World Cup, Beckham gained membership into two of football's most exclusive clubs: he became the only English player - and the 21st player regardless of nationality - to score in three world cups. Real Madrid team-mate Raul also achieved this feat a few days later[32]. It also made him only the fifth player in World Cup history to score twice from direct free kicks; the other four were Pelé, Rivelino, Teófilo Cubillas and Bernard Genghini (Beckham had previously scored this way against Colombia in the first round of the 1998 World Cup). All three goals were against South American teams (Colombia, Argentina, and Ecuador).

Beckham has nine tattoos on his body, one of which is the name of his wife Victoria but it is written in Hindi rather than English because Beckham thought it would be "tacky" to have it written in English. The tattoo is misspelled, however, and it says "Vihctoria" rather than "Victoria".[33] Another tattoo, written in Hebrew reads אני לדודי ודודי לי הרעה בשושנים, "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine, that shepherds among the lilies." This is from the Song of Songs in the Hebrew Bible, and a popular Jewish paean to fidelity. Beckham has also been ridiculed in the press for looking like a "Hell's Angel biker" and a "football yob" due to his ever-expanding number of tattoos, the design, and the location of them.[34]

Beckham almost always plays in long sleeve shirts.

Beckham is the only player to be sent off twice whilst playing for England.

You want more ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_beckham

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

No, David Beckham is alive and well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's 30 i think. plays in real madrid his wife is victoria beckham he has 3 sons.most importantly hes good looking!

• 1 decade ago

Hes a football Icon and hes got good looks

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You'd have to meet him and be around him to know him and that won't happen because of the security that he keeps for himself and his wife (he married a spice girl) and their children. He's handsome?????

• 1 decade ago

Before married, He got a gf from Singapore..Thats what ive heard..;-)

• 1 decade ago

his great goals from free kicks.

• tui
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

He is henpecked and Pu*sywhipped...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.