- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Manhattan Ice Cream Float
This clever take on the Manhattan is a perfect adult dessert. For the best tasting float use a premium black cherry soda like Stewart's or IBC as opposed to store brands. Cook time is freeze time. This recipe was inspired by Gabriel Frasca of Spire in Boston.
Requires Premium Membership
ONLY YOU see your private notes, and they print with the recipe.
30 min 10 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
cup quality bourbon, plus
pint heavy whipping cream
tablespoons sweet vermouth
dash Angostura bitters
liter cherry soda, chilled (One liter = three 12-ounce bottles)
maraschino cherries, for garnish
Not the one? See other Manhattan Ice Cream Float Recipes
< 30 mins Frozen Desserts
Independence Day Frozen Desserts
Add ice cream to a blender or food processor. While the machine is running quickly add the bourbon and process until it just combines. Spread the ice cream in a rectangular glass or plastic container with lid and put in freezer until firm enough to scoop, this should take about 20 minutes.
While the ice cream is freezing, whip heavy cream with vermouth, sugar and bitters until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
Fill 4 tall glasses 2/3 of the way with cherry soda. Put a scoop of ice cream into each glass and top with the chilled whipped cream. Place maraschino cherries on top of whipped cream and serve. Enjoy!
Ice Cream Float Recipe
Fill a collins glass with ice. Add vanilla schnapps, fill glass with favorite soda (anything you would put on ice cream...root beer, dr. pepper, orange) leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Fill with cream.. not milk. Serve.
- 1 decade ago
the recipes mentioned above contain alcohol (酒精), if you don't want one with alcohol, you can try the following:
root beer float （沙士味）
* 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
* 1/2 cup whipped cream
* 4 maraschino cherries
1. Place 1 scoop of ice cream into each of two tall glasses. Pour root beer carefully over the ice cream. Add another scoop and repeat. If possible, repeat again.
Cafe Mocha Mudslide （朱古力咖啡味 ）
* 1 cup Cafe Mocha Flavor NESTLE® CARNATION® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer
* 1 teaspoon TASTER'S CHOICE® 100% Pure Instant Coffee
* 4 large scoops vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
* 2 cups ice cubes
1. PLACE Coffee-mate and Taster's Choice in blender; cover. Blend until coffee is dissolved. Add frozen yogurt and ice; blend until smooth.
Lemon Lime Float （檸檬青檸味::唔係用雪糕，係用果汁牛奶凍)
* 2 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
* 1/2 gallon raspberry sherbet
1. Place 10 - 8 ounce glasses in the freezer overnight.
2. Into each frosted glass, Place 2 scoops sherbet. Fill glasses with lemon-lime soda.