do you think it is ok to double-denim?

im not talking wearing a denim headband with jeans. i am talkin, full on double deniming. examples: jean jacket with jeans, jean jacket with jean skirt or shorts etc.

a full top and bottom denim article of clothing. is this okay in the fashion world, or not?

may the best answer win!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

absolutely not. it is way too 90s and the new style is all about mixing it up. if ur going to wear denim jeans, throw on a casual jacket, but dont double denim.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no double denim is a fashion don't. dressing full top to bottom in demin doesn't make anyone look good.

if u r wearing jeans wear a different material jacket not denim.

Source(s): what not to wear.
  • ntm
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Too much of the same wash looks dated. They shouldn't match but they should "go". A light denim jacket with a pair of dark jeans looks good. But blue denim with black denim doesn't look go either. Needs to go together, but not be too matchy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course! I actually have a story to go along with this answer. Once upon a time I met a guy at my college. He was a foreign exchange student from Spain. He was really cute. And one of the reasons that he was so cute is that he did something that I never saw done before (this was 3 years ago). He would wear a jean jacket with jean pants. I totally complimented him on his fashion, and he was surprised that I even noticed, which I thought was cute. So now, I have to say wearing a jean jacket with jeans brings a sort of silly satisfaction to my heart, not just because it is a really cute and sexy look that brings out your individuality because the jean itself enhances the color of your skin, your eyes, and your hair, and because it is a beautiful outfit that has an instant beautifying effect on the wearer, and because it can be an outfit that includes the jean jacket with jeans/skirt/capris/etc... and you can even wear different shades of jean together.... but, yeah.

I wear my jean-on-jean because he was special to me :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it can be done but with the right accessories. I think you could wear matching denim but add some knee length boots or a belt to give all the denim some contrast. If you are wearing unmatching denim I would go with 2 different colorts of denim (very light and very dark). Avoid denim matching with very similar colors becuase I don't think it would look good.

• clouds
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I think different washes look good! So it won't look like you're wearing a denim jumpsuit..... like pair a nice dark wash jean jacket with a shirt underneath and a lighter dark wash denim pant.

Also, not talking denim, you can take two different kinds of patterns and mix them and they can look good, depending on what they are.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

YES !! Wear what u want !! You don't have to care if people accuse you of wear "double-denim". This world is so weird .. Like nowadays everybody cares what others think of them so much, they don't even know what they themselves want. I was taught to never care what others think of what you look like... As long as your happy with yourself.. And I think I just realized that litterly 5 minutes ago (I was wearing "double-denim" and people were staring at me and I just smiled at them) Who cares do what u want as long as it doesn't get u in trouble ;D Hahha well I know i'm gonna get some negative comments on this, but they don't hurt me I just laugh about them.. So who ever is gonna say "Omg eww "double-denim" save your finger mussels ..

Source(s): Me & my family :)
  • 1 decade ago

Never! That much denim is so 90's. It was bad enough then.

• 1 decade ago

Denim on top is for cowboys...if your not living on ranch dont touch!

• 1 decade ago

dye the denim black so people don’t know your wearing denim.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.