do you think it is ok to double-denim?

im not talking wearing a denim headband with jeans. i am talkin, full on double deniming. examples: jean jacket with jeans, jean jacket with jean skirt or shorts etc.

a full top and bottom denim article of clothing. is this okay in the fashion world, or not?

may the best answer win!

Favorite Answer

absolutely not. it is way too 90s and the new style is all about mixing it up. if ur going to wear denim jeans, throw on a casual jacket, but dont double denim.

no double denim is a fashion don't. dressing full top to bottom in demin doesn't make anyone look good.

if u r wearing jeans wear a different material jacket not denim.

Source(s): what not to wear.
  • ntm

Too much of the same wash looks dated. They shouldn't match but they should "go". A light denim jacket with a pair of dark jeans looks good. But blue denim with black denim doesn't look go either. Needs to go together, but not be too matchy.

Of course! I actually have a story to go along with this answer. Once upon a time I met a guy at my college. He was a foreign exchange student from Spain. He was really cute. And one of the reasons that he was so cute is that he did something that I never saw done before (this was 3 years ago). He would wear a jean jacket with jean pants. I totally complimented him on his fashion, and he was surprised that I even noticed, which I thought was cute. So now, I have to say wearing a jean jacket with jeans brings a sort of silly satisfaction to my heart, not just because it is a really cute and sexy look that brings out your individuality because the jean itself enhances the color of your skin, your eyes, and your hair, and because it is a beautiful outfit that has an instant beautifying effect on the wearer, and because it can be an outfit that includes the jean jacket with jeans/skirt/capris/etc... and you can even wear different shades of jean together.... but, yeah.

I wear my jean-on-jean because he was special to me :)

it can be done but with the right accessories. I think you could wear matching denim but add some knee length boots or a belt to give all the denim some contrast. If you are wearing unmatching denim I would go with 2 different colorts of denim (very light and very dark). Avoid denim matching with very similar colors becuase I don't think it would look good.

• clouds

I think different washes look good! So it won't look like you're wearing a denim jumpsuit..... like pair a nice dark wash jean jacket with a shirt underneath and a lighter dark wash denim pant.

Also, not talking denim, you can take two different kinds of patterns and mix them and they can look good, depending on what they are.

YES !! Wear what u want !! You don't have to care if people accuse you of wear "double-denim". This world is so weird .. Like nowadays everybody cares what others think of them so much, they don't even know what they themselves want. I was taught to never care what others think of what you look like... As long as your happy with yourself.. And I think I just realized that litterly 5 minutes ago (I was wearing "double-denim" and people were staring at me and I just smiled at them) Who cares do what u want as long as it doesn't get u in trouble ;D Hahha well I know i'm gonna get some negative comments on this, but they don't hurt me I just laugh about them.. So who ever is gonna say "Omg eww "double-denim" save your finger mussels ..

Source(s): Me & my family :)

Never! That much denim is so 90's. It was bad enough then.

Denim on top is for cowboys...if your not living on ranch dont touch!

dye the denim black so people don’t know your wearing denim.