Why do people think they can just return a drain auger or snake to their local hardware store?

like what makes people think that anyone in a hardware store wants to handle anything thats been wading around in their bodily wastes? like hello heath and safety standards, do these people not think or what?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

everybody wants something for nothing

That is pretty gross and dim to do, but I have a big hunch that this is a rare occurance in a hardware store's customer service department, which you seem to work in. Unfortunately, it's been my 30 decades of being an American consumer in a large city (L.A.) that there have been countless times when I had to return to the store for a refund or exchange or store credit if I couldn't locate the receipt. That's 30 YEARS of dealing with merchants in every type of business and I can count--on one hand-- the number of times when I've encountered a courteous, well-trained employee in the Customer Service department. They have awful attitudes and yours reminded me of it. But you have made a point, it is unsafe and dangerous besides stupid and I hope when you go back to work, you have a much nicer day and only get nice customers, after all, customers are sometimes very rude too.

You can rent one, and these are returned all the time. Just wash them up good. Body waste goes through us. It aint good but not like handling other obnoxious things.

Because people today are the center of their universe and care about no one but themselves.

like maybe they like to hear like some annoying little sales clerk like say like 14 times in a 2 sentence conversation....... like

They could at least pick off the sewage solids...