travel and tourism jobs????

list all the travel and tourism jobs and which one is the best to work at salary? working hours? what courses i need to take in highschool to get into travel & tourism college??

• Lea
    Favorite Answer

World History, Geography, typing....... These 3 are important. I have worked for 4 different airlines in the last 25 years.. Use to be a good job with good pay.. Not anymore. They start you out B scale lower wages around $9 an hour and old senior people are grandfathered in at the higher rates... Airlines keep folding and you have to keep airline hopping.... Maybe a travel agency would be OK but its not that great anymore. It sounds glamorous, I know. I would recommend getting into the medical field. People will always get sick and you will always be employed. That is 25 years of hardship in the travel industry that is talking to you. I hate to see anyone walk in my shoes now a days.

More background info would help -- where you're from, age range, experience/education. Other than that, I'd say it's likely a bad idea. Any "fun" travel and tourism job is going to be taken by someone who's lived on the islands a long time, likely grew up on them, and knows the place and the culture inside out. It's far from easy to just pick up and move to Hawaii and do a fun travel and tourism job. There are many who'd like to, but there are many reasons why they don't.

I urge you work for the travel agency for experience then open your own small business in travel. You can be your own boss and you can earn more if you know your trade. SBA can help for a first loan then you can get it start from there. Then you are on your way for a comfy salary and enjoy of being with the tourists and travel. Good luck.

Source(s): My life and Common Sense.