zheng89120 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How do I become more stable and extroverted?

Considering these are two of the most fundamental axes of mental health and that I am a bit of the vice versa.

Favorite Answer

If you find yourself sliding to a less than stable mental state, make a mental choice to return to the stable place. Go for a walk, clear your head, 'pep talk' yourself a little. Write encouraging messages for yourself and stick them places where you will see them (bathroom mirror, next to your light switch, on your computer etc)

Choose to talk to people. It might not be your thing right away, but the more you do it, the easier it gets, and the less of a challenge, the more you can enjoy it. If you're really introverted, start small. Talk to a classmate you don't usually talk to. You don't have to start by going to some huge event and talking to as many people as you can, though that would be a great way to jump start if you're upto it and feel that you can handle it without being too overwhelmed.

I know personally, when I'm feeling a little unstable, it's usually because I let myself do it. Sing, not because you feel like it, but because it makes you feel better. Laugh when there's nothing that is actually forcing you to laugh. It feels funny at first, but laugh for a couple minutes, and your body will start to respond as if you were 'really' laughing....because the physical response is the same.

You can become more stable by going to see a doctor, or other methods such as meditation etc. As for the extroverted part, that may just be your personality, and it may just take some time.

This is very good blog, a beginner’s guide to abnormal psychology.

Short, clear and simple; and you can even post your question

http://sensitive-psychoworld.blogspot.com/

This is a conscious choice... you choose to be and you are.