who knows who J W Buel 1849-1920 is?

Favorite Answer

He was an author and was in prison at the same time as Cole Younger (famous outlaw). He was the only man Cole Younger spoke to at that time. Buel (1849-1920), a professional writer on incredibly diverse subjects, was responsible for numerous works published in St. Louis. Buel claimed to have known Wild Bill and to have had access to his diary. Buel is not admired for his factual accuracy, and is said to have worked from the premise: “Si non e vero, e buon trovato.” Buel insists in his introduction "that which is herewith given is absolutely true in every particular, without a single shading of fiction or extravagance." As is the case in many such works relating to legendary Western figures, the truth and the fiction embodied herein have never been satisfactorily separated. The work nevertheless is generally conceded to be the first biography of the illustrious Wild Bill.

Source(s): google...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

who knows who J W Buel 1849-1920 is?

Source(s): buel 1849 1920 is: https://tr.im/nz8i0
  • Wendy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avP3f

I'd really like to talk to my Grandmother, you see she raised me until I was twelve and then one day she died. I'm almost 30 now and married, I never knew about J W's my whole life but had very firm beliefs in the bible. After becoming a J W and a MS a sister asked me for a my book of bible stories (before the revised version). I remember looking at it really hard, I opened the book to a random page and seen the depiction of the ten plagues. It was like I just found an old friend. Turns out My Grandmother studied for years, That was my first book ever, I learned how to read out of that book. I can remember sitting on my grandma's lap reading it and falling asleep in her lap. That has always been my greatest memory and I didn't remember the book until just then. I want to ask her about how she felt when she first began to learn about God. Tell her about all the things I have been able to do, not only as a J W but as a man, when she died I was just a boy. But I grow up real fast after that and the only thing that held me together was thinking about the times I would fall asleep on her lap reading my book of bible stories.

Jw Buel

Wrote a lot of travelogues that continued adventure tales about the wilds of Africa and the American West in the late 19th century.