Taz
Taz asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

I know this girl that married and had a big beautiful and sentimental wedding, if you divorced ...?

would you plan the same type of wedding? what would you do diferently?

Favorite Answer

My wedding was a huge affair the first time, if I ever were to get a divorce (which I don't see happening - knock on wood) or something were to happen to my husband and I did get remarried, I think that I would do a very small, casual affair. I enjoyed it the first time around, but it is to stressful to want to do it again LOL.

Divorced or not, I personally have never had a desire for a big stressful wedding. I've been married 3 times, all my weddings were small and intimate.

However, if a divorced person wants to have a big traditional wedding, I don't see anything wrong with it.

A wedding is special,but i don't think having an extravagent wedding is something you have to do. My friends spent 25,000 dollars on their wedding,it was nice but a waste of money in my eyes. My husband and i got married a month after them and our wedding cost 2,000 dollars,for everything.It was intimate with about 20 of our closest friends and family.We had it in our back yard,it was really nice.We used the money we would have spent on our wedding and we used it as a down payment for our house. Our friends had to wait 3 years to save up for their down payment. To me buying a house was a better thing to spend that kind of money on. Now with a second wedding yeah that should be a wake up call!!!! I would not spend at all cause that just shows you that having a great wedding does not make a marriage last!!!!!

I will reserve that big sentimental celebration if i reach my golden wedding anniversary cause now a days big wedding are just waste of time and money and effort cause most of the people getting married nowadays devorced there spouses after 3 years of living together and thats an average lifespan of the word marriage nowadays

• Empy

Most don't. Most who have had the big fancy wedding don't do it the second time, partly because the stress of planning and pulling such a thing off is through the roof.

My wedding was extremely small. I don't know if I'd go larger if something were to happen. I'm thinking I wouldn't go huge, but I might go for something sort of medium sized.

Depends on the next person I decide to marry if I ever decide that I already had one beautiful wedding I think it also depends on where I am living at the time...

Talk it over with whom you're marrying and be fair to their wishes. I sortof fancy a wedding on a beach, each wearing nothing but an alb, barefoot. So much can be done to personalize a wedding.

Hehe this reminds me of my post:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ara0Q...

I'm not into big weddings. My attitude is more of the I-don't-care type.

But hypothetically speaking, if I had a big wedding and divorced... I would want my next wedding to be small and casual. I would learn from the first one LoL.

I really don't think so. Personally, I don't think I would ever get married again if something should happen to my spouse. If I did, I think I would prefer a small, private civil ceremony.

a second wedding? no, i would spend WAY less. Like just go to Vegas and spend $100.