Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

URGENT treatment for essential tremor?

i have a mild case of essential tremor, have tried several medicines with no improvement. is is possible that there is a drug out there that will improve my tremors by 50%-100% or am i doomed because my case is mild..

Favorite Answer

Dear Sarah, I would strongly suggest you visit a good Homeopathic Physician with your complete symptoms from head to toes and get cured without any side effects or complications. Without any Side Effects or Complications. Or post your complete details if you need my help with Homeopathic Remedies and I would be happy to help you out .

Take Care and God Bless !

Source(s): I am a Homeopath.

1

You probablly inherited your essential tremors and I hope you know that it's something you will battle with all your life. However, I know many people who live just fine with it, it shouldn't stop you in doing what you want! But unfortunatly your doctor is the ONLY one who can give you the best advices about medictaions that you should take. He needs to follow your condition and follow the side effect of meds so he can suggest the one that would do good for you! We are not here competable to say it, suggest it coz we are far away from literally seeing your problem/tremors. All i can say is that you reduce your anxiety if you have any because it is known that makes the tremor worse and to give you one forum where you can "meet" people with same problems and have support in that way too - http://www.wemove.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/foru...

Hope this helps! All the best!

There is a woman that I know that has essential tremor. She has two other serious illnesses also. The Dr has her on medication, but it doesn't seem to be helping her. Her mouth and chin trembles all the time. She won't go to a specialist tho, she just sees her M.D. I suggest a specialist.

2

This web site seems to have a lot of information:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/essential-tremor/...

Hi Sarah

Here are some remedies and testimonials.

Anything affecting the nerves such as raw nerves, epilepsy, hysteria, stress, etc.

Herbal Aids

1.Raw Nerves: Where the nerves are raw, the following herbs are excellent: catnip, peppermint (hot), rosemary herb, skullcap, spearmint, wood betony, and since plenty of rest is needed, any of the foregoing herbs along with hops tea is very soothing and will produce sleep.

2.Relaxing Nervine (headache, neck, shoulder and muscular tension, irritability, nervousness or raw nerves, sleeplessness, female organs): See formula using camomile, white poplar, false unicorn, lady's slipper, lobelia and ginger.

3.Hysteria (relax nerve tension, soothe and tone nerves): See formula using lady's slipper, scullcap, ginger and raspberry leaves.

4.Spinal Nerves and Epilepsy: See formula using golden seal, hops and scullcap.

5.Herbal Nerve Aid:See formula using black cohosh, cayenne, hops, lady's slipper, lobelia, scullcap, valerian, wood betony and mistletoe. With this tonic you will begin to feel stronger in just a matter of a very few days because it will rebuild frayed nerves and sheath on the nerves. For a person having difficulty in sleeping, take 1/2 to 1 cup of hops, valerian, or skullcap (any of these alone in tea form or the three mixed together), and these will relax the nerves.

6.Dr. Christopher's Nerve Herbal Food Combination: Here is a formula we have used with great success for well over thirty years. It is used for relieving nervous tension and insomnia; it is mildly stimulating and yet lessens the irritability and excitement of the nervous system and also lessens or reduces pain. This formula contains herbs that feed and revitalize the motor nerve at the base of the skull (medulla area and upper cervicals), and also herbs that help rebuild or feed the spinal cord. This group of herbs will also rebuild the frayed nerve sheath,. the nerve itself, and its capillaries. The following herbs in this combination are food for your valuable--and in many cases, shattered-- nerves: black cohosh, capsicum, hops flowers, lady's slipper, lobelia, skullcap, valerian, wood betony and mistletoe. The suggested amount for an adult's use would be one to three cups of the tea, or two or three capsules or tablets three times in a day, taken with a cup of celery juice or steam-distilled water.

7.Mistletoe: Mistletoe's historical use, which as been corroborated by modern herbal findings, has been to help in epilepsy. Dr. Christopher taught that this disorder results from an extreme exhaustion or derangement of the nerves; if the nerves can be rebuilt, the malady can be allayed. He mentioned combinations of herbs featuring Mistletoe that can help with such diseases. For Chorea or St. Vitus' Dance, he mixed 1 ounce Mistletoe with 1/4 ounce cramp bark, 1/4 ounce hops and anise or peppermint flavoring to taste, making an infusion, sweetening and flavoring the mixture, and refrigerating. This can be given to children. He noted, however, that involuntary twitching and contraction of muscles is common before puberty and that parents should avoid drawing attention to the problem. A steam bath, followed by a sponging with equal parts of apple cider vinegar and cold water, helps prior to administering this formula.Mistletoe is said to cure stubborn headache, even migraine. The extract is also used in headaches which are accompanied by dizziness, in spells of vertigo when there is a tendency to fall backwards, in people whose gait is wavering, who are afraid of open places, get attacks of "pins and needles" in the limbs and suffer from cold feet. Mistletoe is also a specific in the treatment of neuritis, an inflammatory condition of the nerves or nerve sheath resulting in shooting or other pains throughout the body.

8.Valerian: Dr. Christopher classified this herb among the nervines, those herbs that stimulate and heal the nerves. He said that we usually bring on our nervous problems ourselves because the sheaths of the nerves have been worn or eaten away by the calcium having been leached off with the sugars that we take so much in beverages, candies, pastries and from the many breads that turn to sugar in the body. When the sheaths are thus worn off the nerves lose their energy and their power. It can be so bad that we wind up in the asylum. Dr. Christopher said that when we find ourselves becoming nervous wrecks, we wonder why the Lord has done this to us! The nerves become so frayed that they become like uninsulated electric wires, finally shorting out and that is what causes our nervous problems. When there is a stressful argument, our nerves cannot take the load and give out. Dr. Christopher said that we have to feed the nerves. They are usually robbed of the foods that they need. Dr. Christopher's Relax-Eze formula was a specific herbal food to rebuild the nerves. He said that it doesn't taste too bad, either. Some English people came into his shop and bought so much nerve tea that Dr. Christopher said, "You buy such a lot of nerve tea. You seem such quiet folks!" He replied, "Oh, we like it better than Lipton's". The Doctor said that it was surely better for them, especially since black tea deranges the nerves.

Testimonials

1.Kelp: Most nervous disorders result from a deficiency of certain cell salts, so we can correctly term nervous disorders "deficiency diseases". Kelp can considerably help balance the system and correct the problems. Dr. Powell helped a lady who could not sleep because of "nerves". She responded to the use of Kelp.

2.Kelp Again: An elderly gentlemen with a nervous heart and very frightened about his condition responded to Kelp after many weeks on the remedy. The older you are, Dr. Powell said, the longer you have to take Kelp for remedial purposes. It has no drug action itself but helps rebuild the weakened organs. One of the functions of iodine is to bring calmness to the mind and body by relieving nervous tension. When nervous tension is marked, there is excitability and irritation, sleeping becomes difficult, and there is a drain on the vitality (Powell:14). Kelp reduces tension, produces relaxation and enables the system to store up vitality and reserve energy; concentration becomes easier owing to the freer flow of blood through the brain and it is easier to think clearly.

3.The Beginnings of B&B Tincture: After nearly forty years of helping people regain their health, I was quite upset a number of years ago (over ten years ago) by a case that did not respond to our program, as others had done in the past. This was a case of epileptic seizures. It was late in the evening and I had sent a young boy (12 to 14 years old) back to their motel after treating him. I was confused, and the first time really baffled on an epileptic case. I sat back of my desk, alone in the office and asked, through prayer, for help for this fine young chap. I explained, in my prayers for help, about my utter confusion. Then the "idea" for this "nerve formula" came to my mind, and I went out into the herb lab and put the tincture together. When the tincture was finished in two weeks, I had the young man back, put it into his ears, preceding it with the oily garlic (to kill infection with garlic's natural sulphur base). Then I massaged his neck area at the base of the skull and gave him six to ten drops of this same nerve tincture in a little distilled water--to drink, three or more times a day.

Results came rapidly and they took the boy back home to Arizona. One of the other children in the family had an earache later so the mother used this same tincture (preceded by the oil of garlic) with success, the ear healing quickly. An elderly gentleman with hearing aids in both ears, progressively getting more and more deaf, saw the earache cleared and decided to try it in his ears. After a number of months he threw away his hearing aids. Since that time many people have had their hearing restored, even though they were told there was no known help. Of course there are some cases where the "loss" is complete, and it is too late.

One day I sat down, years later, to find out why this amazing tincture could do these things: stop long range hiccupping, remove warts, aid in other nervous disorders, etc. As I analyzed the different herbs and checked out old herbal books, I found that blue cohosh, black cohosh and blue vervain are specific herbs to nourish and rebuild the nerves in the motor-nerve area in the medulla and upper cervical areas. The scullcap is one of the greatest nerve herbs known to strengthen, repair and rebuild the spinal cord. The lobelia is an antispasmodic (the catalyst and thinking herb) as well as being a great nerve herb food! Here I was given a precious group of herbs to be used as food to rebuild a shattered motor nervous system, and to also get the spinal cord into a healthy condition to relay the healing messages to various parts of the body.

4.Frayed Nerves: A gentleman called us years ago in reference to his wife, a teacher. Her irritable nature had made her unbearable to live with and many complaints were coming from her associate teachers, as well as from pupils. Her husband said her main problem was insomnia, causing extreme fatigue. She would only sleep a half hour or less, then walk the floor for long periods of time, then sleep again but only for a few minutes, and so on throughout the night. They could find no help for her, and both were ready to sign the papers to have her committed to a mental institution.

After arriving at their home, we had her drink a nerve tea combination. In a few minutes, as we talked, she became drowsy. She interrupted our conversation to say she would like to relax a few minutes and then return. She left the room to lie down for a while, and her husband said she would be back in fifteen to twenty minutes, as this was her pattern. It was late in the evening, so, after assuring him that there was no narcotic ingredients in the tea, I left.

About 8 o'clock the next morning, the phone rang and a man said, "Dr. Christopher, you are a liar!" I asked him why such a blunt accusation. He said, "When my wife went in to lie down last night, instead of sleeping 'a few minutes', she slept all night and is still asleep this morning. After all these years of insomnia, she-has never slept all night. It has to be drugs and you guaranteed it was not."

I assured the gentleman that this very tea could be given to a small child with no side- or after-effects, and explained that the herbal food in the tea gave her nerves the first good nerve food they had received in many years. He apologized, adding he would have to awaken her or she would be late for school.

Best of health to you

Cheers

Source(s): healmarketplace.com