Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can military spouses use federal unemployment benefits during a PCS move?

My husband came down on orders to Ft. Hood TX. I know that I will be unemployed for awhile during this PCS move. I plan on working right up to when my husband and I go on leave. I just scared of not having a paycheck...let alone the job sercurity that I will be giving up. Please anyone who can help....I'll be forever greatful!!!

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Anyone can use file for unemployment benefits. The reason you quit your job will be what is in question and since you are moving due to a PCS move you do qualify. You can apply online. Do a search for TWC, the Texas workforce commission. It's very user easy. Have fun in Ft. Hood, there's a lot to do there, my sister is with the First Cavalry and she loves it there. Welcome to TEXAS!

  • 1 decade ago

    As soon as you get to Ft. Hood go down to the unemployment office and get signed up. There may be a waiting period before your benefit checks start to arrive so the sooner you get your app's filed the better. I don't think you'll have a problem getting approved as long as you can show a copy of his PCS orders.

    Good luck!

  • sfcjcl
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Yes, I believe you can. Check with the Unemployment Office at your current duty station and again at Fort Hood.

  • 1 decade ago

    Contact the base for spose support in finding a job near the base..

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    You no longer live in TX, so you can't claim anything in TX. You can submit a claim to Alaska.

  • 1 decade ago

    My wife did when we moved from California to Washington, DC.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.