Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Can you freeze brocolli without it tasting horrible once defrosted?

Favorite Answer

You can freeze brocolli WITHOUT blanching for up to 3 months. It keeps it's flavor and firmness that way.

Just get frozen brocolli it tastes better than fresh brocolli that you will freeze when defrosted.

You're better off just buying frozen brocolli. Fresh can sit on a truck for a long time and lose nutrients before it gets to the grocery store.

Source(s): read it somewhere..
  • clutts

i've got been the two powerful and unsuccessful attempting to try this. and that i think of it relies upon on the size of time you have had them. the 1st time i attempted it, it grew to become out completely! I had a similar dilema, and in simple terms did no longer desire to bypass alllll the excess of to the keep. So I defrosted the frozen patties, the observed the recipe I had like it grew to become into sparkling floor meat. I had in simple terms had those patties for some weeks. as detrimental to... i attempted it lower back a pair of months later with a different field of patties (additionally a different form, so i don't be attentive to if that still affected it...?) and this field grew to become into offered some weeks after the 1st incident, so those have been some months outdated. They burned very extremely, and tasted dry. I rather much caught my oven on fireplace, which has by no skill handed off beforehand. good success!

Yes... unless you don't like brocolli in the first place.

its called QFI

you need to freezer it with CO2/ dry ice

if you don't freeze it instantly the molecules change and this changes the flavor and texture of the molecule

No. Broccoli tastes horrible no matter what you do with it!

Too bad it's good for you.

Just don't leave it in the freezer long enough to get freezer burn!