Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Why are Americans concerned about Iraq?

Bush acknowledges U.S. concern on Iraq.

WASHINGTON - In a somber, pre-election review of a long and brutal war, President Bush conceded Wednesday that the United States is taking heavy casualties in Iraq and said, "I know many Americans are not satisfied with the situation" there. I know the USA military is losing like we did in Vietnam.

"I'm not satisfied either," he said at a speech and question and answer session at the White House 13 days before midterm elections.

Despite conceding painful losses, Bush said victory was essential in Iraq as part of the broader war on terror.

"We're not winning and we will not win at this pace.

Bush said that as those fighting American and Iraqi forces change their strategies, the United States is also adjusting its military tactics.

"Americans have no intention of taking sides because we can't win anyways. We just hope it doesn't end up like Vietnam. Let's pray for the men in Iraq because they are having a hard time.

• TJD
    Favorite Answer

I'm not- if it was up to me Saddam could have done whatever he liked to his sheeple. Period. Now our children/parents/brothers/and sisters are dying at an alarming rate. But let's make sure we "stay the course"- or hasn't that statement changed recently?

Here you go with the lies, misquotes and fabrications again

Time to start listing the fabrications that do not appear in the actual copyrighted article:

Bush NEVER said "I know the USA military is losing like we did in Vietnam."

Bush NEVER said ""We're not winning and we will not win at this pace."

Bush NEVER said "Americans have no intention of taking sides because we can't win anyways. We just hope it doesn't end up like Vietnam. Let's pray for the men in Iraq because they are having a hard time."

You are exposed again as a fabricator......

If anyone is interested... the REAL quotes and the REAL article are linked in my source section

My only concern about Iraq is the Americans having to fight this war, being maimed or killed and American taxpayers having to foot the bill! It would be nice everyone could be free but it's not the job of American soldiers or taxpayers.....

I don't understand why bush didn't quietly send in an elite force to kill Saddam Hussein then get out.... but then Haliburton & big oil wouldn't have been able to steal billions of our tax dollars!

• jackie

Two weeks until election, everything will change after that.

O-I-L