Is it true that they are remaking the Rocky Horror picture Show?

And who else heard that Marilyn Manson is playing Frank-N-Furter? (Any thoughts)?

Favorite Answer

Monday, October 23, 2006

Get more Rocky Horror (remake) news

The scoops just keep on coming in today- although this next one I cannot confirm until I hear of some other people who happened to catch it on TV. B-D reader 'Time Warper' writes in to B-D, "In a recent interview with E!, shock-rocker Marilyn Manson revealed that 20th Century Fox has approached him to star as the sweet transvestite, Dr. Frank-N-Furter, in an update of the cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show, tentatively titled Rocky Horror." Rumors about a remake have been floating around for months... and who better than Manson to join the horror? We'll keep you posted and confirm as soon as we know, until then keep this under rumor.

actually it'll be a presequel of how Dr Scott crosspaths with Frank cameo of Meatloaf has been talked about and some stars of hollywood been connected (Johnny D as a young Frank is the most believable)

Dear god, no! Why attempt to usurp a classic? Besides, even with the best intentions and supreme effort, who could best Tim Curry?

If it's true, it's part of a distressing trend: First they ruin the Wicker Man, and now this...

I would certainly hope that it is just a rumour. I really dislike it when classics are remade. Same with people recording old favourite songs. Can nobody come up with any original ideas these days.

Source(s): 51 years life experience

I had heard a rumor that it was in the works for a remake, but that is all I have heard, no casting ideas as of yet

I hope not. This movie was bad the first time around.

OH I hope not!! Why mess with a classic like that!!

Oh man, that would be great! Loved that show.

NO!!