Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Contractions and Pains in my Legs?

Okay I am 39 1/2 weeks pregnant and this is my first. last night I thought I was having the real thing..lol. I was having contractions that started 20 min. apart and got to 10 min and then some sharp pains started with it. I even laid down and drank some water and they still didnt stop. However I stayed at home to see if they would get worse because everyone tells me how uncomfortable it is to stay in the hospital. Well I ended up falling asleep but I woke up like every hour to use the bathroom or because my hips and legs were going numb.m This morning I have had contractions off and on but nothing steady sometimes with the sharp pains as well but now when I try and walk the inner parts of my legs feel like they are numb a little and the outer part of my left leg feels like it is bunching up and it will go up my back a little. Has anyone had this problem before and know what I can do about it? Does this sound like the beginning of a slow labor process? Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

To aide the labour pains rub your tummy, this will definitely bring on labour pains, and yes they will get worse and longer with shorter durations. If and when you lie down lie on your left side or walk about or sit up, Do not push no matter how urgent you feel to do so, keep your bladder empty as this will stop the childs head from comming into the birth canal. REMEMBER do not push under any circumstances - breathe slowly and deeply in and out - whilst you do this you sill find you cannot push to push you must hold your breath, but this will either kill the baby and or tear yout insides drastically and you and the child will/could die LOL!!!

Keep conserntrating on your breathing and call for help. You should not be left alone at this stage and if your waters break then go on your hands and knees with your head on a pillow and your buttocks in the air, this will prevent the head from pressing down on the cervix and stop the potential prolapse of the cord from being 'pinched' (this stope oxygen and other nutrients from getting to the fetus, about to be borne)

• ?

Sounds like fake hard work pains to me, however they're nonetheless getting your frame capable for the truly factor. True contractions begin with the muscle tissue within the most sensible component to your stomache relocating downward in wave like motions even being felt within the vaginal canal. Start going for walks...they might transfer to the truly factor. You'll definately understand while it is time to cross!!! Good Luck

UNFORTUNATELY YES IT DOES,YOU NEED TO GO GET CHECKED OUT JUST OT MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK! BUT WITH YOUR LEGS HURTING AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS GOING ON IT SOUNDS LIKE A HARD LABOR TO BE SEEN! GOOD LUCK!! I WAS IN LABOR WITH MY 2ND CHILD FOR 17 HOURS AND HAD NO IDEA UNTIL I WAS ALREADY IN LABOR THE LAST 7 HOURS!! BE CAREFUL!!

No i haven't had this problem before but i wish you the best of luck with your new baby i hope everything goes okay you go girl. God Bless You and Your Family.