Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

What defines a home? What does it mean to be home....?

Blind Faith's "Can't find my way home" causes me to ask this, and I am serious. What is that defines a home to you? is there a definate answer?

Favorite Answer

I don't know if there is a definite answer but to me a home is where you feel safe,warm and loved.It is where you can drop all your defences and just be.A home is like being in your Mother's arms when you were a child.

Home technically is where you live, It is also where you were born. There is no set place to call home. Home is where your life comes together and you learn where it is that you belong. When you learn that you can go home, if you are not already there. Home to me is the area in which I have lived all of my life excluding travels.

There a place of belonging for all of us.

That is the essence of home.

The poet Robert Frost defined home as 'the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in.'

Many not be a definitive answer, but thought-provoking.

A home is the place where you can be totally yourself, where you feel understood and accepted unconditionally. "Home" may be a physical environment which suits your inner self, or a person who answers these criteria. If you feel in harmony with both your physical and human environment, you have found the "ideal" home in all respects.

I've come to know that I am Soul and that earth is not my true home. Home is the Ocean of Love and Mercy, and I'm on my way. Care to join me and many others?

Home means a lot of different things to different people - it's a place where you are comfortable with your surroundings and people you surround yourself with. It's a place where you can virtually be yourself without any inhibitions and free of the fear of being judged. It's where you are most at ease and relaxed being. To be at home is to be at peace within yourself.

Home is where the heart is. A place where I am comfortable and love to be more than any place.

Home is where the heart is, it's where ever you feel safe and happy deep down in your heart and if you don't feel that way yet then you haven't found home yet.

I won't say home is where the heart is...Well I did say it, but...Home is where you feel safe, loved and free to be you! I think that anyone can live anywhere and feel at home if they feel like me.

Home is where your heart is. To me home is the place where I am safe, I am happy, I am myself. It is a place where I can do anything. I can laugh, cry, sing, dance, yell, meditate. Whatever I wanna do, I do. My loved one, who means the world to me, are there