my wife wants to know if anyboby knows that when your in ovulation you feel a small pain?

my wife wants to know if that pain means she in ovulation or about to do so in the next hours?

Favorite Answer

A lot of women feel this .. it's quite common. I've seen people being taken into hospital they were in so much pain (although the docs didn't do anything apart from prescribe painkillers), while most of us don't feel anything at all. I'm not sure why this is. I'm thinking that maybe some months our eggs are bigger than others or some women have smaller tubes or are more sensitive. Who knows.

http://www.freewebs.com/spiritualhealing

Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz is one of the more common ovulation symptoms. It is the name given to a pain in the pelvic area that is associated with ovulation. The German word is derived from "mid-cycle pain". It is a sharp pain lasting usually minutes or hours, typically not treated with pain relievers.

Sometimes, doctors like to perform an ultrasound to rule out any other possible causes of pain. If you do not feel any sharp pain when ovulating, it is not a problem.

If you do feel pain, the good news is that the prognosis of possible pregnancy is good.

Cervical Mucus

Cervical mucus is often evaluated during the monitoring of a basal temperature chart. It helps determine if the mucus environment is good for sperm survival and swimming. The mucus changes throughout the cycle. Sometimes it is described as dry, milky, egg white or sticky. Around the time of ovulation, it is clear and sometimes stretchy. This is often referred to as spinbarkeit.

Temperature Increase

As the result of ovulation, progesterone levels increase which help prepare the lining of the uterus, where a possible pregnancy will survive. Progesterone is a hormone that increases basal body temperature. Most women cannot detect the increase in temperature.

When a woman ovulates, a cysy-like thing on her ovary that is the developing egg pops and releases the egg so it can go into her fallopian tube. Some women can feel that pop as a small pain.

If your really in tuned with your body you will notice the small pain during ovulation.

it could be she is ovulating right then or about to start it all varies. I would seriously get it checked out if the pain worsens.

• kg22

when i ovulated (before my bc) that was the only time i would get cramps. never really got them whenon my period or just before, only when i ovulated. perfectly normal

It can mean she is ovulating if she also has ovarian cysts. These are benign 'blisters' on the ovarian that can cause this.

Could be happening at that moment.