Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do i work my laptop that included a free wi-fi card?

I have high speed internet and I haven't gotten a clue as to what wi-fi means.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wi-Fi means if you have a wireless modem you can browse the internet wire-free. Meaning- you don't have to be plugged into the phone or cable line.

Here is a decent article if you need help:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.05/unwired/n...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wi-Fi is basically wireless internet access. if you have high speed, then you can get Wi-Fi. Just get a Wireless Router to hook up to your high speed line. Then you don't have to be connected to a cable all the time. Wi-Fi will broadcast your internet for about 100-300 feet. Wireless routers are usually between 80-150 dollars, sometimes more.

• Ken G
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Wi-Fi means that you can use the laptop wirelessly - as in internet cafes like Starbucks.

You would need a wireless modem/router on your home system. If you buy one at a local computer store, they most likely will help you install it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just cause it came with free card, doesn't mean its free. you will have to get connected with verizon or whatever company and get on one of their monthly plans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.